Saltwater Taffy Distress Pennant

by - 5:43:00 PM

When I saw saltwater taffy, I knew the immediately the first color pairing I'd do with it.

Mixed media pennant created with: Tim Holtz saltwater taffy, salvaged patina, abandoned coral, peacock feather; Prima Marketing indigo paper flowers; Scrapbook.com sprigs die; We R Memorykeepers crop-a-dile

And that color pairing was with salvaged patina! I just love coral and teal together and these two pastel versions are now some of my absolute favorites in the Distress line!

Mixed media pennant created with: Tim Holtz saltwater taffy, salvaged patina, abandoned coral, peacock feather; Prima Marketing indigo paper flowers; Scrapbook.com sprigs die; We R Memorykeepers crop-a-dile

I decided to just create a quick little banner with this color. And I love how it turned out so much that creating a pennant for each new (and old colors) might become a thing. 

Mixed media pennant created with: Tim Holtz saltwater taffy, salvaged patina, abandoned coral, peacock feather; Prima Marketing indigo paper flowers; Scrapbook.com sprigs die; We R Memorykeepers crop-a-dile

I wanted a little variation in color, so I picked out some coordinating colors for both--abandoned coral and peacock feather. I also wanted just a hint of shimmer on the teal portion and chose frosted juniper Distress Mica Stain to add that little sparkle. 

Mixed media pennant created with: Tim Holtz saltwater taffy, salvaged patina, abandoned coral, peacock feather; Prima Marketing indigo paper flowers; Scrapbook.com sprigs die; We R Memorykeepers crop-a-dile

I created an inked background using Distress Spray Stain in saltwater taffy and abandoned coral on a pice of mixed media heavy stock. And then I created another background with the Distress Spray Stain in salvaged patina and peacock feather as well as the frosted Juniper Distress Mica Stain. I also splattered this one with just a bit of Distress Oxide Spray in salvaged patina

Mixed media pennant created with: Tim Holtz saltwater taffy, salvaged patina, abandoned coral, peacock feather; Prima Marketing indigo paper flowers; Scrapbook.com sprigs die; We R Memorykeepers crop-a-dile

I then die cut a pennant from the saltwater taffy background. I spritzed both sides with water (the back more than the front) and placed it into the damask 3D Texture Fade and ran I through my machine. I inked up a brayer with saltwater taffy Distress Oxide Ink and gently rolled it over pennant to highlight the raised areas. 

Mixed media pennant created with: Tim Holtz saltwater taffy, salvaged patina, abandoned coral, peacock feather; Prima Marketing indigo paper flowers; Scrapbook.com sprigs die; We R Memorykeepers crop-a-dile


I set it aside and then die cut some sprigs from the salvaged patina background. I glued the sprigs onto the pennant with some Distress Collage Medium. I added a nest of silver thread and then added a coral paper flower from Prima using heavy body gel. I added a couple of charms onto some more silver thread and laid the end over pennant. I glued a teal paper flower from Prima over the end of the silver thread holding the charms

Mixed media pennant created with: Tim Holtz saltwater taffy, salvaged patina, abandoned coral, peacock feather; Prima Marketing indigo paper flowers; Scrapbook.com sprigs die; We R Memorykeepers crop-a-dile

Using my Crop-a-dile, I punched some holes in the pennant and then added some eyelets. I strung through some ribbon and cord and tied it in a little knot. And that's it!

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is the limited edition Aqua Washed Wood. You can pick up your own Surface with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.










You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!