A Little Bit of Luck Tag with Tim Holtz

by - 9:00:00 PM

I pulled out all of my green and gold goodies for this tag!

St. Patrick's Day Luck Tag created with: Tim Holtz backdrops, crinkle ribbon, expedition ephemera, collector layers, black soot archival ink, flickering candle mica spray stain, entomology stamp; Prima Marketing miel bee charm; Scrapbook.com pops of color gold glitter; bold caps outline alpha stamp; Ranger super fine embossing powder gold

I love a little bit of gold mixed with green and St. Patrick’s Day is a good excuse to combine the two colors (other than around Christmas, obviously). This tag was a ton of fun to create and super simple! So let’s jump right into it. 

St. Patrick's Day Luck Tag created with: Tim Holtz backdrops, crinkle ribbon, expedition ephemera, collector layers, black soot archival ink, flickering candle mica spray stain, entomology stamp; Prima Marketing miel bee charm; Scrapbook.com pops of color gold glitter; bold caps outline alpha stamp; Ranger super fine embossing powder gold

I started by choosing the backdrop with a fun organic green pattern that reminds me of alcohol ink. I cut it into the shape of a tag and punched a hole and set an eyelet with my Crop-a-dile tool. Using Scrapbook.com’s Bold Caps Outline stamps, I stamped the word luck in the bottom right corner of the tag using embossing ink. I embossed the stamped sentiment with Ranger’s Super Fine Embossing Powder in gold

St. Patrick's Day Luck Tag created with: Tim Holtz backdrops, crinkle ribbon, expedition ephemera, collector layers, black soot archival ink, flickering candle mica spray stain, entomology stamp; Prima Marketing miel bee charm; Scrapbook.com pops of color gold glitter; bold caps outline alpha stamp; Ranger super fine embossing powder gold

I then chose a tag from some Tim Holtz Expedition Ephemera set as well as a green piece from his Collector Layers set. I distressed the ephemera tag by adding some stamped script and crinkling the edges and corners. I punched a hole in the top of the ephemera tag and then sewed it onto the main green tag with a bit of black and gold lace. 

St. Patrick's Day Luck Tag created with: Tim Holtz backdrops, crinkle ribbon, expedition ephemera, collector layers, black soot archival ink, flickering candle mica spray stain, entomology stamp; Prima Marketing miel bee charm; Scrapbook.com pops of color gold glitter; bold caps outline alpha stamp; Ranger super fine embossing powder gold

I added the green layers piece on top of the lace and ephemera tag with a bit of foam adhesive. Next I tinted a bit of crinkle ribbon with a gold Color Bloom spray from Prima and some flecks of Distress Mica Stain in flickering candle. I set this aside to dry then added a few splatters of flickering candle to the tag. 

St. Patrick's Day Luck Tag created with: Tim Holtz backdrops, crinkle ribbon, expedition ephemera, collector layers, black soot archival ink, flickering candle mica spray stain, entomology stamp; Prima Marketing miel bee charm; Scrapbook.com pops of color gold glitter; bold caps outline alpha stamp; Ranger super fine embossing powder gold

I chose a bee charm from Prima’s Miel collection and added a bit of gold glitter Pops of Color to the recesses of the honeycomb. I did this technique with the champagne glitter on another tag and loved it so much I had to try it again!

St. Patrick's Day Luck Tag created with: Tim Holtz backdrops, crinkle ribbon, expedition ephemera, collector layers, black soot archival ink, flickering candle mica spray stain, entomology stamp; Prima Marketing miel bee charm; Scrapbook.com pops of color gold glitter; bold caps outline alpha stamp; Ranger super fine embossing powder gold

Once the crinkle ribbon was dry, I added a loop to the hole in the tag, tied a triple bow and sewed it onto the loop. To finish it off, I added a few gold pearls from Pinkfresh. I just love how quickly this tag came together thanks to the amazing backdrop paper! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called Vintage Wood. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are some of the products that I used for this project.













You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!