Spring Bumblebee Tag with Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz and Reneabouquets

by - 7:45:00 PM

Spring is just around the corner and I’m dreaming of all the bees and bumblebees visiting my flower gardens. 

Bee tag created with: Renebaouquets sweetheart bumblebee, yellow tulle trim, printed beautiful board lemons, drop leaf lace, gawdie girl glitter glass; Prima Marketing Miel paper, paper flowers, charms, ephemera, stickers, gems, resin mould, finnabair impasto paint; Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon; Scrapbook.com gold reinker, foam adhesive

I was invited by Dorota Iwon to join her for an Instagram live to craft and chat and I had an absolute blast! I created this tag during the live. It was my very first ever live and I started out with a few phone issues (my phone kept wanting to put the screen to sleep) but they resolved themselves after a bit and I think the rest of the live went really well. At the end I even gave a tour of my craft space!

Bee tag created with: Renebaouquets sweetheart bumblebee, yellow tulle trim, printed beautiful board lemons, drop leaf lace, gawdie girl glitter glass; Prima Marketing Miel paper, paper flowers, charms, ephemera, stickers, gems, resin mould, finnabair impasto paint; Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon; Scrapbook.com gold reinker, foam adhesive

Now on to the tag. I’ve embedded the life video below so I won’t go too much into detail about how I created this tag. But I did complete a few steps after the live so be sure to read the rest of this quick blog post!


I started with a base of Prima papers from Frank Garcia’s new Miel collection and added some tulle trim from Reneabouquets. I then layered on a resin piece that I had cast and painted with white gesso earlier. During the live I added some watered down impasto paint to the piece and wiped off the excess. 

Bee tag created with: Renebaouquets sweetheart bumblebee, yellow tulle trim, printed beautiful board lemons, drop leaf lace, gawdie girl glitter glass; Prima Marketing Miel paper, paper flowers, charms, ephemera, stickers, gems, resin mould, finnabair impasto paint; Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon; Scrapbook.com gold reinker, foam adhesive

Next I layered on flowers, a small grapevine heart wreath, ephemera, and glitter glass. I tucked in a little bit of lace from Reneabouquets and I gave a little splatter of gold ink to my tag. 

Bee tag created with: Renebaouquets sweetheart bumblebee, yellow tulle trim, printed beautiful board lemons, drop leaf lace, gawdie girl glitter glass; Prima Marketing Miel paper, paper flowers, charms, ephemera, stickers, gems, resin mould, finnabair impasto paint; Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon; Scrapbook.com gold reinker, foam adhesive

I then added the new sweetheart bumblebee from Reneabouquets and a small chipboard bumblebee sticker from Prima. I topped off the tag with some crinkle ribbon. 

Bee tag created with: Renebaouquets sweetheart bumblebee, yellow tulle trim, printed beautiful board lemons, drop leaf lace, gawdie girl glitter glass; Prima Marketing Miel paper, paper flowers, charms, ephemera, stickers, gems, resin mould, finnabair impasto paint; Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon; Scrapbook.com gold reinker, foam adhesive

During the live I also prepped some charms from the Miel collection. I added a little bit of champagne Pops of Color to the recesses in the honeycomb charm

Bee tag created with: Renebaouquets sweetheart bumblebee, yellow tulle trim, printed beautiful board lemons, drop leaf lace, gawdie girl glitter glass; Prima Marketing Miel paper, paper flowers, charms, ephemera, stickers, gems, resin mould, finnabair impasto paint; Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon; Scrapbook.com gold reinker, foam adhesive

After the live, I attached the two charms with a jump ring and strung it onto a bit of gold thread. I used Distress Collage Medium to glue it into place under a piece of ephemera. I also added a couple of gems and an ephemera sentiment then too. 

Bee tag created with: Renebaouquets sweetheart bumblebee, yellow tulle trim, printed beautiful board lemons, drop leaf lace, gawdie girl glitter glass; Prima Marketing Miel paper, paper flowers, charms, ephemera, stickers, gems, resin mould, finnabair impasto paint; Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon; Scrapbook.com gold reinker, foam adhesive

And that’s it. Be sure to head over to Dorota’s Instagram and give her a follow! She does a lot of craft and chat and interviews with other crafters and has some great projects herself! Until next time, happy crafting!

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called Vintage Wood. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Reneabouquets

Printed Beautiful Board Small Tuck It In Lemon Blossoms

Gawdie Girl Hand Tinted Glitter Glass in Pale Pink

Gawdie Girl Hand Tinted Glitter Glass in Ocean

Lemon Pearl Trim Pleated Tulle

Sweetheart Bumblebees

Drop Leaf Lace


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are some of the products that I used for this project.








You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!