Scrapbook Saturday: Quick and Easy Layout Idea

by - 6:00:00 AM

 Let's face it, we don't always have as much time as we'd like to create. And sometimes you want that "I spent hours on this project" look without spending so much time on it. 

family portrait scrapbook layout; Simple Stories Simple Ancestry paper, stickers; paper flowers

It's probably why pocket pages are so popular among many scrapbookers. But if you love the look of a less geometric page without all the work involved, there is a quick and easy way to create stunning layouts that look like you spent a lot of time on them.

family portrait scrapbook layout; Simple Stories Simple Ancestry paper, stickers; paper flowers

My favorite way to do this is to choose patterned papers with pretty elements already on them, like this paper from the Simple Stories' Simple Vintage Ancestry collection. Nearly all of the elements to the left of the photo are already printed on the page. 

family portrait scrapbook layout; Simple Stories Simple Ancestry paper, stickers; paper flowers

Simples Stories is a great brand when you want to create this type of page. And their pages of cards you can cut out aren't just perfect for pocket pages but for adding quick and easy elements to layouts like this as well. Another brand that I find is great for these quick and easy layouts is 49 & Market

family portrait scrapbook layout; Simple Stories Simple Ancestry paper, stickers; paper flowers

As someone who loves lots of layers, I know it's not quite the same as actually building up all those layers yourself. But at first glance, it really does look like you spent a lot of time on your layout. 

family portrait scrapbook layout; Simple Stories Simple Ancestry paper, stickers; paper flowers

But in the end, it's not about the amount of time you put into a layout. Spending less time on a layout doesn't mean you put less love into it. In the end, it really is about preserving your cherished memories, no matter how much or little time you spend on it. Because no matter how you create, you are putting all your love into that project. 

family portrait scrapbook layout; Simple Stories Simple Ancestry paper, stickers; paper flowers


So for this layout, all I did was layer a few pieces of papers that I distressed the edges of, add some coordinating stickers, a few paper flowers and some jewels. This layout took me about 15 minutes to create which is near unheard of for me! I could spend half a day on a single layout if you let me. 

family portrait scrapbook layout; Simple Stories Simple Ancestry paper, stickers; paper flowers

Here are my tips for quick and easy scrapbook layouts that look like you spent a lot of time on them:
  • Choose a background paper with lots of elements printed on it.
  • Don't go overboard with embellishments--you don't need to!
  • Add a little dimension with some paper flowers, distressing layered paper mats, or both.
  • Use foam adhesive to pop stickers up off the page
I hope these tips help and inspire you to create more, even when you are short on time!

Happy Scrapping,
Adrienne

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.




Family portrait scrapbook layout made with Simple Stories Simple Vintage Ancestry collection




You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!