Sent With Love Saturday: Foiled Distress Oxide Vintage Bird Card

by - 6:00:00 AM

 If you don't think vintage and foil go together, then you haven't tried stamping with toner ink yet! 

Handmade card: Tim Holtz distress oxide in speckled egg, chipped sapphire, faded jeans, feathered cardinal die cut, funky wreaths, funky nature; Heidi Swapp minc toner ink kit, silver foil; Scrapbook.com tall skinny alphabet dies

I got the Tim Holtz Feathered Cardinal die that was a limited exclusive to Simon Says Stamp for Diecember, but haven't had a chance to use it yet! I've been so busy making other things that it got pushed to the back burner. But I finally had a chance to use it and I knew exactly what I wanted to create. 

Handmade card: Tim Holtz distress oxide in speckled egg, chipped sapphire, faded jeans, feathered cardinal die cut, funky wreaths, funky nature; Heidi Swapp minc toner ink kit, silver foil; Scrapbook.com tall skinny alphabet dies

I saw a lot of other cards out there with Tim's various bird die cuts in the Funky Wreaths die and just had to give a go. But first I wanted a fun card base. To start, I trimmed down one-quarter inch from each side of a flat Solar White A2 card. I then blended Distress Oxides in Speckled Egg, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire onto the trimmed card front. I spritzed some water onto the card, blotted with a cloth, dried it, then ran it through my Minc on the highest setting to flatten it out.

Handmade card: Tim Holtz distress oxide in speckled egg, chipped sapphire, faded jeans, feathered cardinal die cut, funky wreaths, funky nature; Heidi Swapp minc toner ink kit, silver foil; Scrapbook.com tall skinny alphabet dies

Next, I got some Minc toner ink ready by running a brayer through it until it become just a little sticky. I quickly rolled the ink onto a prepared stamp and then gave one good press onto the card front and quickly lifted and peeled it off the paper. When stamping with toner ink, you have to be quick or you could end up getting the stamp stuck to the paper and then ripping your paper trying to get it off the stamp. One quick impression also makes it ideal for a distressed look. We aren't worried about perfection when creating a distressed look so no need to take the time to get a perfect stamp impression. I did another quick impression to cover a bit more of the background paper then stuck it on top of the Minc to dry. 

Handmade card: Tim Holtz distress oxide in speckled egg, chipped sapphire, faded jeans, feathered cardinal die cut, funky wreaths, funky nature; Heidi Swapp minc toner ink kit, silver foil; Scrapbook.com tall skinny alphabet dies

I chose a silver Minc foil and ran the card background through the Minc to apply the foil. Next I added a little bit more grunge by adding some Distress Ink in Ground Espresso to the edges of the card background. Then I cut a bunch of dies from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Stock pad in various colors. I added a little bit of the Ground Espresso to the dies as well, and then glued the layers together with matte Distress Collage Medium. 

Handmade card: Tim Holtz distress oxide in speckled egg, chipped sapphire, faded jeans, feathered cardinal die cut, funky wreaths, funky nature; Heidi Swapp minc toner ink kit, silver foil; Scrapbook.com tall skinny alphabet dies

For the sentiment, I used the Scrapbook.com Tall Skinny alphabet dies and cut "Hello" out of the silver Kraft-Stock. Finally, I layered and glued my dies down with a variety of adhesives and added a sticker sentiment to finish it off. 

Handmade card: Tim Holtz distress oxide in speckled egg, chipped sapphire, faded jeans, feathered cardinal die cut, funky wreaths, funky nature; Heidi Swapp minc toner ink kit, silver foil; Scrapbook.com tall skinny alphabet dies

It's the perfect card for a fun note or even a birthday. I just love how it turned out, especially the fun foiled background. 

Happy Crafting!
Adrienne

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are some of the products that I used for this card.




vintage inspired card made with Heidi Swapp Minc and Tim Holtz Distress Oxides and the Funky Nature and Cardinal die cuts



You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!