Last Minute Valentine's Day Card Ideas

by - 9:09:00 AM

Valentine's Day is literally just around the corner. But if you need some last minute cards, you don't have to sacrifice style for quick turnaround!

Pink Love Valentine's Day card made with: Scrapbook.com love stencil, xoxo stamp, sherbet smooth cardstock, domed foam blending tool, sprigs die; Tim Holtz kitsch flamingo distress oxide and glaze; Pinkfresh jewels in glacier

Today I have two quick cards for you! Both use stencils to create interest but you don’t need many inks or other supplies to create them. 

Pink Love Valentine's Day card made with: Scrapbook.com love stencil, xoxo stamp, sherbet smooth cardstock, domed foam blending tool, sprigs die; Tim Holtz kitsch flamingo distress oxide and glaze; Pinkfresh jewels in glacier

Let’s get right into it! Here’s what you’ll need: a stencil, a die, a stamp, cardstock, some inks and sequins or gems…and maybe a little glitter. You probably have some of those things in your stash, I bet! And you can use these card ideas for Valentine’s Day, an anniversary, weddings or just as a random love note. 

Teal XO Valentine's Day card made with: Scrapbook.com heart patterns stencil; tabs 1 and 2 dies, loopy cursive dies, jewels and peppermint smooth cardstock, mint tape, domed foam blending tool; Tim Holtz salvaged patina and peacock feathers distress oxide ink, rock candy glitter; 28 Lilac Lane heart of atlantis sequins

Let’s start with the pink mini slimline card. I chose the new Love stencil from Scrapbook.com and using 4” mint tape, I masked off the stencil on a diagonal, following the line of the stencil. This creates white space on the card easily. I also used the mint tape to hold the stencil in place on the card front. 

Pink Love Valentine's Day card made with: Scrapbook.com love stencil, xoxo stamp, sherbet smooth cardstock, domed foam blending tool, sprigs die; Tim Holtz kitsch flamingo distress oxide and glaze; Pinkfresh jewels in glacier

I then chose Distress Oxide in kitsch flamingo and blended it through the stencil using my domed foam blending tool. After removing the stencil, I gave the card front a quick hit from my heat tool to avoid smudging.

Now for the embellishments! I stamped the love heart from the XOXO stamp set onto white cardstock in the same Distress Oxide. I then poured some Distress Glaze in kitsch flamingo over it, gently tapped off the excess and heat embossed it. Layering the matching Oxide and Glaze really helps the glaze stand out—but you can stamp and emboss with any ink and powder you love!

Pink Love Valentine's Day card made with: Scrapbook.com love stencil, xoxo stamp, sherbet smooth cardstock, domed foam blending tool, sprigs die; Tim Holtz kitsch flamingo distress oxide and glaze; Pinkfresh jewels in glacier

I then cut two florals in a light pink from the Sherbet smooth cardstock pad using the Sprigs die set and also cut the stamped sentiment out with a pair of small scissors. All you have to do now is glue everything together. I glued the sprigs down with liquid glue and popped the heart up with foam adhesive. I added a couple of gems and that’s it!

For the teal card, I chose two Distress Oxides, salvaged patina and peacock feathers (my two favorites). I used the new Heart Patterns layering stencil from Scrapbook.com, starting with the base layer and salvaged patina and then using peacock feathers with the layer stencil. Using the 4” mint tape really helps during this process to hold your stencils in place. 

Teal XO Valentine's Day card made with: Scrapbook.com heart patterns stencil; tabs 1 and 2 dies, loopy cursive dies, jewels and peppermint smooth cardstock, mint tape, domed foam blending tool; Tim Holtz salvaged patina and peacock feathers distress oxide ink, rock candy glitter; 28 Lilac Lane heart of atlantis sequins

I stenciled on an A2 flat card front so I cut the piece in half (you can make two cards or save the other piece for something else). The piece that I used I trimmed down just a little bit more on each side so I could matte it over a piece of deep teal cardstock from the Jewels smooth cardstock pad.

Teal XO Valentine's Day card made with: Scrapbook.com heart patterns stencil; tabs 1 and 2 dies, loopy cursive dies, jewels and peppermint smooth cardstock, mint tape, domed foam blending tool; Tim Holtz salvaged patina and peacock feathers distress oxide ink, rock candy glitter; 28 Lilac Lane heart of atlantis sequins

From that same deep teal, I cut a heart tab from the smaller Tabs die set and XO from the Loopy Cursive die set. I cut the heart tab from the larger Tabs die set from a coordinating piece of cardstock from the Peppermint cardstock pad. I glued the two tab layers together and then glued it onto the white stenciled element along with the XO. 

Teal XO Valentine's Day card made with: Scrapbook.com heart patterns stencil; tabs 1 and 2 dies, loopy cursive dies, jewels and peppermint smooth cardstock, mint tape, domed foam blending tool; Tim Holtz salvaged patina and peacock feathers distress oxide ink, rock candy glitter; 28 Lilac Lane heart of atlantis sequins

I glued the layers down onto the card, popping the white stenciled layer up with foam adhesive. I then used a bit of Glossy Accents to fill in the center of the heart tab and covered it with Rock Candy glitter. And then I added a few sequins.

I hope that you enjoyed these two quick and easy cards. Let me know in the comments below which one is your favorite! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are some of the products that I used.


Pink Card:


Teal Card:






You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!