Memorydex Monday: P13 New Moon Beetle Card

by - 6:00:00 AM

I've always been fascinated with astronomy. I also love things that are different. So when I saw the New Moon collection from P13 with all the lovely moon prints and the beetles, I knew I had to get my hands on it so I could create some dreamy bohemian projects.

Memorydex Use Your Wings beetle card using the P13 New Moon collection; with fussy cut ephemera, Prima opal magic paint, Reneabouquets beautiful beads in moonstone, Tim Holtz transparent wings, funky floral and skeleton leaves die cuts and Heidi Swapp silver Minc foil
This year, I'm starting Memorydex Monday. On the third Monday of each month, I'll be sharing a new Memorydex card with you! I hope that this, along with Mixed Media Monday and Scrapbook Saturday, will keep my creative juices flowing. I also hope that it brings you fresh new inspiration each month!

Memorydex Use Your Wings beetle card using the P13 New Moon collection; with fussy cut ephemera, Prima opal magic paint, Reneabouquets beautiful beads in moonstone, Tim Holtz transparent wings, funky floral and skeleton leaves die cuts and Heidi Swapp silver Minc foil

I stared by cutting out a Memorydex card with one of the Heidi Swapp dies from the P13 New Moon 12x12 paper pad, making sure that I had one of the green beetles on the card. I also fussy cut out a beetle, flowers leaves and a full moon from the pad. Next, I then used my Tim Holtz splatter brush to splatter some watered down white impasto paint and some violet-gold Opal Magic acrylic paint onto the card and the fussy cut elements. 

Memorydex Use Your Wings beetle card using the P13 New Moon collection; with fussy cut ephemera, Prima opal magic paint, Reneabouquets beautiful beads in moonstone, Tim Holtz transparent wings, funky floral and skeleton leaves die cuts and Heidi Swapp silver Minc foil

I chose a set of Tim Holtz transparent wings that would fit under the beetle, cutting off the bottom wings with my snips. I had some leftover Funky Florals and Skeleton Leaves die cuts from my Forest Tea Party Mixed Media Panel so I took those out and added some silver Minc foil to them. To do this, I simply added some Smart Glue to where I wanted foil on the die cuts and let it dry. The glue stays tacky so all you have to do is lay the foil over the top and rub it on. 

Memorydex Use Your Wings beetle card using the P13 New Moon collection; with fussy cut ephemera, Prima opal magic paint, Reneabouquets beautiful beads in moonstone, Tim Holtz transparent wings, funky floral and skeleton leaves die cuts and Heidi Swapp silver Minc foil

To assemble everything, I started with adding some Paige Evens memory explosion box sequin trim (from Michaels) by laying it over a strip of 1/8" adhesive. I tucked a fussy cut hydrangea cluster and a leaf into the sequin trim using a dab of Smart Glue and some foam mounting squares for dimension. 

Memorydex Use Your Wings beetle card using the P13 New Moon collection; with fussy cut ephemera, Prima opal magic paint, Reneabouquets beautiful beads in moonstone, Tim Holtz transparent wings, funky floral and skeleton leaves die cuts and Heidi Swapp silver Minc foil

Next I added the moon with a large foam mounting square. To add the foiled die cuts, applied a small dab of Smart Glue to the stems and tucked them under the moon. I then applied the wings to the fussy cut beetle using a small foam  mounting square then added two more layers of foam squares to the beetle to pop up above the moon. I also added a little glitter with a glitter brush marker to the green part of the beetle to make him look nice and shiny. 

Memorydex Use Your Wings beetle card using the P13 New Moon collection; with fussy cut ephemera, Prima opal magic paint, Reneabouquets beautiful beads in moonstone, Tim Holtz transparent wings, funky floral and skeleton leaves die cuts and Heidi Swapp silver Minc foil

To finish off the card, I added two small flowers using some sticky squares. I tucked a Tim Holtz small talk sticker next to the flower on the moon with some small foam mounting squares and added a few more leaves under the flower. To finish off the card, I applied two gems, added a few sequins that came from the trim and a few Reneabouquets beautiful beads in moonstone with some Glossy Accents. 

Memorydex Use Your Wings beetle card using the P13 New Moon collection; with fussy cut ephemera, Prima opal magic paint, Reneabouquets beautiful beads in moonstone, Tim Holtz transparent wings, funky floral and skeleton leaves die cuts and Heidi Swapp silver Minc foil

And that is it--simple but beautiful! I really love the beetle, especially with the transparent wings. 

Happy Crafting!
Adrienne

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.



 
Memorydex card made with Heidi Swapp die, P13 New Moon collection,  Paige Evans sequin trim, Tim Holtz Funky Floral dies and KaiserCraft paper flowers




You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!