Vintage Inspired Handmade Christmas Card

by - 2:58:00 PM

Holiday season is just around the corner and it's time to start planning and making your cards and gifts for friends and family.

Scrapbook.com great tidings of joy stamp, Neenah solar white, domed blending tool, large acrylic stamping block; Zing gold embossing powder; Ranger archival ink; Tim Holtz distress oxides, forest moss, vintage photo, alterations funky festive, Christmas paper stash; holiday, holiday cards, vintage inspired, plaid

I know, I know, it's only October. But once you start adding in making holiday cookies or latkes, shopping, cleaning, decorating and everything else involved in holiday merriment, it really doesn't leave much time for creating and crafting. 

Scrapbook.com great tidings of joy stamp, Neenah solar white, domed blending tool, large acrylic stamping block; Zing gold embossing powder; Ranger archival ink; Tim Holtz distress oxides, forest moss, vintage photo, alterations funky festive, Christmas paper stash; holiday, holiday cards, vintage inspired, plaid

I love sending handmade holiday cards and now is definitely the time to start planning so you can knock those out in early November before you start worrying about make a turkey or Black Friday shopping deals. Luckily, with a few stamps, inks and papers, you can make some keepsake-worthy holiday cards. And we should all take Tim Holtz's sage advice on holiday makes: break things down into parts. For example, one day you can spend stamping, another day cutting and another day assembling.

Scrapbook.com great tidings of joy stamp, Neenah solar white, domed blending tool, large acrylic stamping block; Zing gold embossing powder; Ranger archival ink; Tim Holtz distress oxides, forest moss, vintage photo, alterations funky festive, Christmas paper stash; holiday, holiday cards, vintage inspired, plaid

For this card, I used the Neenah Solar White A2 scored card as the base. (It's perfect for making a bunch of cards fast!) I then picked out two papers from the 2019 Tim Holtz Christmas paper stash, cutting the green plaid to 5.25 x 4 inches and the music paper to 4 x 3.25 inches. I then used my Stitch Happy sewing machine and gold thread to add a little detail to the music paper. 

Scrapbook.com great tidings of joy stamp, Neenah solar white, domed blending tool, large acrylic stamping block; Zing gold embossing powder; Ranger archival ink; Tim Holtz distress oxides, forest moss, vintage photo, alterations funky festive, Christmas paper stash; holiday, holiday cards, vintage inspired, plaid

Then, I cut out my poinsettia, holly, bow and pine cone from Tim's Funky Festive die set and assembled it all using Distress Collage Medium. I also used a little Distress Oxides on the edges of the die cuts to give them an even more vintage feel. Then, I used Scrapbook.com's Good Tidings of Great Joy stamp set, first stamping in black and then stamping in a clear watermark, embossing it in gold. I added a little Distress Oxide in Forest Moss to the edges of my sentiment. 

Scrapbook.com great tidings of joy stamp, Neenah solar white, domed blending tool, large acrylic stamping block; Zing gold embossing powder; Ranger archival ink; Tim Holtz distress oxides, forest moss, vintage photo, alterations funky festive, Christmas paper stash; holiday, holiday cards, vintage inspired, plaid

Now all that's left is to assemble! I used my glue runner to adhere the plaid paper down to the card front and the sentiment to the music paper. I then used some foam mounting squares to pop the music paper with the sentiment onto the plaid paper and added my die cuts with a little Distress Collage Medium and foam mounting squares. So simple. So vintage! 

Happy Cardmaking!
Adrienne

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.













You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!