Time for Treats: Halloween Shaker Card Set

by - 1:00:00 AM

Candy corn is sort of a controversial Halloween treat when it comes to whether or not you enjoy eating it. But There is no denying that the candies themselves are pretty darn cute.

Scrapbook.com World Card Making Day: hybrid ink, distress oxide ink, Halloween, candy corn, stamping, shaker card

Happy World Card making Day! Did you know that Scrapbook.com has 8 card making brands on sale now through the 5th of October?! Don't forget to head over there for some sweet deals on Cathrerine Pooler, Sizzix, Ranger, Doodlebug Design, Penny Black, Spellbinders, Pinkfresh and Picket Fence!

Scrapbook.com World Card Making Day Sale on Catherine Pooler, Sizzix, Ranger, Doodlebug, Penny Black, Spellbinders, Pinkfresh and Picket Fence

I recently received a little shipment of happy mail filled with Scrapbook.com exclusives. The pack included a set of their blending tools with domed foam applicators, one of their hybrid inks, a set of stamps, the medium acrylic stamp block and the Neenah Solar White flat cards. 

Scrapbook.com World Card Making Day: hybrid ink, distress oxide ink, Halloween, candy corn, stamping

With it being so close to Halloween, I wanted to create a fun card for the holiday. I've never made a shaker card before but have always wanted to make one so I thought now was as good a time as any. I purchased a digital cut file of some candy corn shapes from Silhouette and designed my card. 

I didn't have any sheets of double sided foam adhesive (just my favorite squares). But I did have some foam board. So I cut out the shape of the candy corns on white cardstock then traced them onto my white foam board, cutting them out with a craft knife. 

Scrapbook.com World Card Making Day: hybrid ink, distress oxide ink, Halloween, candy corn, stamping, shaker card

I also cut out the same shape on white cardstock backed with Scrapbook.com's double-sided adhesive sheets, to make the application of the inked candy corn shape easy. I also cut out the full shapes from plastic cardstock and a purple cardstock. 

I used the hybrid ink in Carnival Pink and two Distress Oxides to ink the top layer and also through a stencil onto the flat card front (which I cut down 1/4 inch on 2 sides so I could mount it onto a matching piece of orange cardstock). To diffuse the the background stencil just a bit, I layered a piece of vellum over it. I assembled my candy corns and filled them with some Halloween sprinkles, stamped my sentiment and glued everything down to my card front. 

Scrapbook.com World Card Making Day: hybrid ink, distress oxide ink, Halloween, candy corn, stamping, shaker card

But what to do with the inked internal cut from the original card? I inked the pieces while still stuck to the backing and there is no point in wasting a perfectly good die cut! So I created a second, more simple card. 

Scrapbook.com World Card Making Day: hybrid ink, distress oxide ink, Halloween, candy corn, stamping, shaker card

These cards were so simple to make and now I'm obsessed with shaker cards! I've added some things to my Scrapbook.com wishlist now. 

Happy Crafting!
Adrienne

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.



















You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!