Easy Shabby Chic Birthday Card with Prima Papers

by - 1:00:00 AM

Each year I make so many birthday cards from August through October for family and friends that I have really learned to make a beautiful cards quickly.

Prima Marketing Apricot and Honey collection, papers with rose gold accents, minty basil flowers, fussy cut ephemera

But now that I'm finally done with my busy Birthday card season I really have to start thinking about making a bunch of holiday cards. 😅 And I've only made 2 so far...

I've shared a few simple and quick cards on my blog as of late and I wanted to share one more. I've been working on not being a paper hoarder (you keep telling yourself that, Adrienne) and so I've been trying to use what is in my stash. 

Prima Marketing Apricot and Honey collection, papers with rose gold accents, minty basil flowers, fussy cut ephemera

My youngest sister, Emma, just painted her bedroom sparkly pink so I thought she would enjoy this Prima Marketing paper from their Apricot and Honey collection. It has pretty rose gold accents that I knew she would love.

I started with a Neenah Solar White A2 scored card as the base then cut a piece of coral colored floral cardstock as the next layer. I used another piece from this collection to create a layer, tearing one side for added texture. 

Prima Marketing Apricot and Honey collection, papers with rose gold accents, minty basil flowers, fussy cut ephemera


I popped up this second layer with some foam mounting squares and then fussy cut a cute element from the collection, adding it to the top.

To finish it off, I tucked one mint colored flower under the fussy cut element.

Prima Marketing Apricot and Honey collection, papers with rose gold accents, minty basil flowers, fussy cut ephemera

I'm pretty proud of how I have really pushed myself to create pretty cards so quickly. This card literally took 5 minutes and it's simplicity really lets the pretty floral paper be the star of the show. 

Happy Cardmaking!
Adrienne

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.





You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!