Wicked Witch of the West: A Halloween Card with Ruby Slippers

by - 1:00:00 AM

Apparently birds of a feather do flock together because I have many friends that love Halloween just as much as I do.


There was Kacia and her husband who love Halloween so much they got married in October at the Stanley Hotel and whom I gave a haunted house wedding card to.  There is my friend Adrienne who loves Halloween and was born in October like myself who I gave a dragon galaxy card to.  And now, there is my friend Cora, who loves anything unique and odd.  What can I say? We are a crazy bunch--I just wished we all lived in the same state again!  But that does give me an excuse to send them nice cards once in a while along with a little gift of a handmade beaded spider!  (Maybe I should blog about these beauties on This Bittersweet Life?)

Anyway, back to the topic!  One summer a loooooong time ago, Cora and I starred opposite of each other in a production of Oz.  She was the Wicked Witch of the West and I was Glinda.  We had so much fun doing this, especially since our friend Jade was Dorothy.  We were like the Three Musketeers that summer.  Good times...


So I decided to have fun with that Wicked Witch theme by sending her a card along with her beaded spider.  This card is simple, yet it is stunning, in my opinion.

I started by designing my card in Silhouette Studio, using different elements to make the background of the wall and creating my own city of Oz skyline.  Then I dropped in the Wicked Witch silhouette and began cutting my pieces.


I added distress ink to the background pieces to give it a time-worn and dimensional feel.  Then I used Glossy Accents to create a glitter glue for those ruby slippers.  Once the shoes were dry I assembled the card.  So easy, but sooo beautiful!

Products Used
Recollections: Cardstock - black, white; Extra Fine Glitter - garnet | Colorök: Cardstock - medium grey | Bazzill: Cardstock - tropical breeze, cardinal, grasshopper, truffle | Doodle Bug: Cardstock - grey | American Crafts: Cardstock - graphite | Ranger Ink: Glossy Accents | Tim Holtz: Distress Ink - mowed lawn, hickory smoke



Happy Crafting!
Adrienne






You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!