Winter Wonderland: A Snowflake Scrapbook Layout

by - 12:00:00 AM

I love every season for different reasons.  New growth in spring, flowers in summer, the vibrant colors of fall and the crystalline beauty of snowflakes in winter.


I recently purchased the Tim Holtz Alterations mini paper snowflakes dies and was ready to use them in a layout.  So when I received a photo from a client of a fabulous Christmas present, I knew this would be the perfect layout to use those little snowflake dies on!


I started with a specialty paper from Michael's as the base.  It has a birch bark pattern with glitter accents.  I then framed the photo on black cardstock and then on some paper with a white marble print.


I cut snowflakes from Bazzill cardstock, glitter paper, iridescent gold cardstock and Minc foiled cardstock.  I used Glossy Accents and pop dots to layer the snowflakes together, adding bunches of thread under some of the larger ones.  I also added iridescent gems and Nuvo Jewel Drops for a bit more shine.  I also used two snowflake punches to get some even smaller snowflakes from the scraps of paper left over after die cutting (nothing goes to waste at ASW)!


Lastly, I used my Typecaster typewriter and a Fiskars trimmer to make a banner and then added some foam glitter letters for the title.


I just love the simplicity of the layout paired with the detailed delicateness of the Tim Holtz snowflake dies.  And the mix of papers and textures used in the snowflakes really adds to the whole layout.


Products Used
Recollections: Specialty Paper - glitter birch; Cardstock - iridescent; Gems - iridescent  |  Heidi Swapp: Minc - toner sheets, mint foil  |  Bazzill: Cardstock - turquoise mist, aruba  |  WeR: Typecast  |  Nuvo: Jewel Drops - sea breeze  |  Tim Holtz: Alterations - paper snowflakes mini  |  The Paper Studio: Punch - snowflake small, snowflake mini; Alphabet Stickers - flat iron turquoise glitter  |  DCWV: Wild & Fancy - stack  |  Other: thread, pop dots


Happy Scrapping!
Adrienne




You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!