Playtime: A Playground Scrapbook Layout

by - 12:00:00 AM

Many of the designer scrapbook papers come with double-sided pattern prints and it can be hard to stick glue all over a pretty pattern and stick it down so you can't see any of it.  That is why I like to distress my paper edges a bit so some of it peeks out.


Another great way to show both sides of a patterned paper is to fold it.  For this layout, I cut some circles out of some Tim Holtz patterned paper and then used my scoring board to create nice creases for folding the outer edges of the circles, creating little squares perfect for holding little embellishments!


I added some metal gears, vellum ephemera, buttons and enamel dots to the squares.  I also tucked in some thread here and there.  The photo is matted on red and blue cardstock to bring out the colors in the boy's jacket in the photo.


Lastly, I added a chipboard Thickers title.  Placement of the sticker letters was super easy with the grid patterned paper background with distressed edges.  And that's it! Super easy but super cute with not pretty patterns left hidden!


Products Used
Tim Holtz: Idea-ology - correspondance, thrift shop, mini gars; Distress Ink - pumice stone  |  Basic Grey: Thickers  |  Nuvo: Crystal Drops - walnut  | Recollections: Cardstock - white  |  Other: thread, buttons, pop dots  


Happy Scrapping!
Adrienne






You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!