Cape Cod Wedding: A Scrapbook Layout with Paper Ruffle

by - 12:00:00 AM

Wedding layouts can be fun and frilly, shabby chic, modern, nautical or whatever fits your style!  Your wedding is uniquely you and so should your scrapbook pages.  Whether I'm doing a whole wedding album or just one or two pages for a "through the ages" album, I take the time to add the little details.


This layout was a Cape Cod wedding and the client made a note for me that the reception was a lobster bake.  So I made sure to include nautical elements befitting of the theme.


This page started with a white cardstock base and then I added a mint and white wide nautical-like stripe paper that I distressed the edges of.  Next, I cut a couple of strips of grey and white floral paper then used my scoring board to score in my pleat lines so they were nice and crisp.  I folded my pleats and then glued the strips together so that I had a 12 inch long strip.


Then I hand stitched a seam across one side of the pleated strip to hold the pleats together nicely.  I added a little color to the grey and white pleated strip by adding some chalk ink to the bottom edge.


Next, I matted the photos on a mint colored cardstock.  I also added two 3x4 journaling cards, inking the edge of one of them.  I also made banners from white cardstock and used my We R Memory Keepers Typecast typewriter to add some text, including on about a lobster bake.


Next I die cut a doily out of vellum and also a lobster from some reddish-pink cardstock.  Finally, I layered everything on, adding flowers and thread as well as a cardstock sticker, using pop dots where I needed some dimension.  Lastly, I added a few rhinestone gems and then added some Nuvo drops in sea breeze.


I really love the way this page turned out, with the range of blue-greens from mint to teal.  The addition of the reddish-pink really draws the eyes in and ties in nicely with the bouquets in the photos.  I also love the look of the pleated paper strip.


Products Used
Simple Stories: Beautiful - hello beautiful, horizontal elements, journaling card elements  |  Recollections: Cardstock - white; Flower Shop: vintage mix, mint mini mix, mint water color  |  Bazzill: Cardstock - vellum, turquoise mist, flamingo  |  Prima: Zella Teal - say it in crystals; Chalk Ink - fresh mint  |  WeR: Typecast  |  Nuvo: Jewel Drops - sea breeze  |  Project Life: Southern Weddings - chipboard stickers  |  Tim Holtz: Alterations - doily #2  |  Other  pop dots, thread


Happy Scrapping!
Adrienne






You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!