Whiteout: A Monochromatic Scrapbook Page

by - 2:06:00 PM

I finished my first full layout of the year and it's a whiteout!  I wanted to start off the new year with a crisp, clean look so I opted for an all white background with a few black accents to match the black and white photo.


I just love this photo of my sister and I from the 2012 Shining Ball at the Stanley Hotel and I wanted to make sure it stood out.
Untitled Whiteout LO
Untitled:  This layout has an all white background and elements except for a few black sequins to match the black and white photo.


To create the background I used a Prima stencil and applied white gesso with a palette knife/spatula.  While it dried I cut out the viewmaster die cut with my Cameo.

Detail:  Flowers and Pebble

I glued one layer of acetate to the white die cut using Glossy Accents, placed my sequins and then added another layer of acetate, glueing it down with Zots.

Detail:  Viewmaster die cut

I adhered the die cut to the page with Glossy Accents.  I mounted my photo on white cardstock and glued that down using Pop Dots to give the page some dimension.

Detail:  Crinkle Ribbon

Next I added the Prima and Recollections flowers and the Prima Pebbles (large and small) and used Glossy Accents to glue them all down.  I added the Prima zipper embellishment (glued down with some Zots) and then used my Zutter Bow-it-All to create a perfect bow out of some Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon.  I spritzed the ribbon with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in iridescent gold and scrunched it a bit then glued it down with some Glossy Accents.

Nice and simple, but a standout layout!

Happy Scrapping!
Adrienne



Products Used:

  • Claudine Hellmuth:  Gesso - white
  • Colorbök:  Cardstock - white
  • Craft Medley:  Cup Sequins - black and white
  • The Paper Studio:  acetate
  • Prima:  Finnabar Stencil - scales; Flowers - Charlotte; Pebbles - large & small; Shabby Chic Treasures - decorative zipper
  • Ranger Ink:  Glossy Accents (as an adhesive)
  • Silhouette:  Cameo
  • Tattered Angles:  Glimmer Mist - iridescent gold
  • Tim Holtz:  Ideaology - crinkle ribbon
  • Other:  adhesives - Pop Dots, Zots; Tools:  palette knife/spatula

Don't have the time or the crafting ability to make your own scrapbook pages?  Check out my custom scrapbooking store, Alice Scraps Wonderland.  I'm happy to create treasured works of art with your cherished photos!

Happy Scrapping,
Adrienne


You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!