Winter Wonderland: A Scrapbook Layout

by - 6:27:00 PM

As I'm preparing to ring in the new year, I've been looking back at this past year and everything that has happened.  There have been good moments, bad ones and even some great ones.  My sister and I have been remodeling our house and we even landscaped the front lawn this summer.  I close out my storage unit tomorrow now that we made room for my furniture in the house and my sister and her fiancé adopted a puppy just before Christmas.


A lot has happened and there have been so many pictures of it all, but some of my favorites are of the dogs in the snow.  I just love my little Jacob in his snow booties and the fluffy powder of the Rocky Mountains nesting in the pine needles.

Hello Winter Layout
Hello Winter:  Because of the busier background, I mounted the photos on white cardstock and used pop dots to give it them some dimension.  I think it helps them stand out and the background becomes a "blizzard" of activity--just like a Colorado snow storm!

I received a ton of scrapbooking goodies from my mom and grandmother this Christmas, including a Silhouette Cameo!  So I decided to give them a test drive.

Products Used:
  • Colorbök:  Cardstock - white
  • Recollections:  Peppermint Express - green circles, snowflake doily
  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - lagoon, string of pearls; Stickers - family
  • Tim Holtz:  Distress Paint - broken china; Distress Ink - faded jeans; Distress Crackle - rock candy
  • Ranger Ink:  Archival Ink - jet black; Glossy Accents (adhesive)
  • Prima:  Pebbles - small
  • Doodlebug:  Mini Pearls - swimming pool
  • Craft Medley:  Cup Sequins - blue mix
  • Theresa Collins:  Now & Then - decorative brads mix #2
  • Glitz Design:  Finnley - rubber stamps
  • Silhouette:  sketchy circles (from Scrapbook and Card Trends)
  • Cricut:  Winter Lace

Don't have time or the crafting ability to make your own layout?  Then check out my custom scrapbooking store, Alice Scraps Wonderland.


You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!