Sizzix Studio: Mixed Media Canvas with Floating Acetate Tutorial

by - 7:00:00 AM

Find the artist in you with Sizzix Studio! My latest tutorial video shares my creative play process and introduces you to the new Sizzix Studio line.  


Hello, crafty friend! If you’ve ever wanted to get a bit more into the mixed media world, but have been afraid to try it out, Sizzix Studio is here to help! This is a a new line of products that are designed to help you easily art journal or create beautiful mixed media projects on canvas or wood panels. 


I have a brand new tutorial video up on my YouTube channel for you that begins with introducing you to the Sizzix Studio line and then takes you though my creative play process of making this mixed media canvas. (And the full list of supplies used is linked below!)


I won’t go into the tutorial here, as the video takes you step-by-step through the process. But I do want to mention some of the details about the project and talk a little bit more about this new line.


First, Sizzix Studio is a collaboration with Royal Talens and features a line of tools and products to help you specifically create mixed media projects. In particular, Sizzix has reimagined many of the tools already in their line, like their palette knives, brayer, and blending foam tool! So if you have the Sizzix Multi-Tool, you are halfway there!


Sizzix has also created a Registration Tool, which is a new color of their Stencil and Stamp Tool. But what allows you to create on raised surfaces such as journals and canvases, is the hinge adapter. This adapter fits onto the hinge of your Registration Tool or Stencil and Stamp Tool, raising up the press lid and stencil adapter. You can remove this adapter at any time to create on cardstock, making this tool super versatile! 


Now, I’m a girlie that loves tons of dimension in my projects! So while this line was designed with less dimensional projects in mind, I wanted to expand the horizon a bit and create a multi-layered project with floating acetate! So I used the hinge adapter to stencil on my canvas, then removed it to stamp on acetate. 


But I won’t bore you with any more details here—because I want you to check out the full process in my video! I’ll be continuing to create projects with this line in the future so make sure you subscribe to my channel for all the future inspiration. Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Scrapbook.com, A Cherry On Top, Spellbinders, Sizzix & Amazon

I am an affiliate with multiple companies. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


You can also use the code adrienne15 for 15% off your order on the Prima Marketing Retail site.


Below are products that I used for this project.













You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!