All Heart Memorydex Card

by - 3:18:00 PM

Pastel perfection and dimension collide in this Memorydex card. 

Valentine's Memorydex card made with: P13 Let Your Creativity Bloom collection; Heidi Swapp Memorydex die; Scrapbook.com sprigs die, smooth cardstock, sticker book; Reneabouquets butterfly, glitter glass; Dress My Craft sugar thread pollen wine

Memorydex cards are a great way to inspire you to create. I always turn to them when I'm feeling creative but don't have time for a big project--they don't take much time and don't have to have a photo (mine never do). I've also used them to try out new color combos--no fear of wasting product since it's such a small project! And I've also used it to try out new techniques or product so I get a feel for it. 

Valentine's Memorydex card made with: P13 Let Your Creativity Bloom collection; Heidi Swapp Memorydex die; Scrapbook.com sprigs die, smooth cardstock, sticker book; Reneabouquets butterfly, glitter glass; Dress My Craft sugar thread pollen wine

And finally, I use Memorydex cards to get myself out of a creative rut. I just start creating and let the process take me wherever it goes. My best advice when you feel the creative juices have stopped flowing so well is to let go of expectations, relinquish control and just be present in the moment. Don't be afraid to just let your fingers do the work and get out of your own head a bit.  

Valentine's Memorydex card made with: P13 Let Your Creativity Bloom collection; Heidi Swapp Memorydex die; Scrapbook.com sprigs die, smooth cardstock, sticker book; Reneabouquets butterfly, glitter glass; Dress My Craft sugar thread pollen wine

For the past month I've been feeling under the weather (my two-year-old niece shared her head cold with me...yay!) and I just haven't had the energy for any big projects and my creative juices were starting to sputter. I had been staring longingly at my supplies for days when I finally decided to do a Memorydex card. 

Valentine's Memorydex card made with: P13 Let Your Creativity Bloom collection; Heidi Swapp Memorydex die; Scrapbook.com sprigs die, smooth cardstock, sticker book; Reneabouquets butterfly, glitter glass; Dress My Craft sugar thread pollen wine

I don't always know where it will take me and this is one of the rare projects that I didn't plan ahead of time, but rather just let the creative process take me where it wanted to go, so I could get out of that rut. It's always a nice way of easing myself back into the creative mode. 

Valentine's Memorydex card made with: P13 Let Your Creativity Bloom collection; Heidi Swapp Memorydex die; Scrapbook.com sprigs die, smooth cardstock, sticker book; Reneabouquets butterfly, glitter glass; Dress My Craft sugar thread pollen wine

For this card, I used the P13 Let Your Creativity Bloom 6x6 pad to cut the base out of. The knit pattern reminded me of hearts so I chose to fussy cut the envelope with florals from the matching 12x12 pad because it reminded me of a love letter full of possibilities like a spring garden. I also fussy cut a fountain pen and a cluster of leaves to go with it. 

Valentine's Memorydex card made with: P13 Let Your Creativity Bloom collection; Heidi Swapp Memorydex die; Scrapbook.com sprigs die, smooth cardstock, sticker book; Reneabouquets butterfly, glitter glass; Dress My Craft sugar thread pollen wine

I wanted to add more layers and some delicate touches to offset the larger envelope fussy cut ephemera so I die cut some of the Scrapbook.com sprigs from their boho smooth cardstock pad. To add more floral and dimension to this Memorydex card, I grabbed a pink flower from my stash. Memorydex cards are perfect for using up leftover supplies, like that one random flower that you have left over. 

Valentine's Memorydex card made with: P13 Let Your Creativity Bloom collection; Heidi Swapp Memorydex die; Scrapbook.com sprigs die, smooth cardstock, sticker book; Reneabouquets butterfly, glitter glass; Dress My Craft sugar thread pollen wine

I layered on my die cuts, ephemera and the flower, tucking some of the new Dress My Craft sugar thread pollen under the flower for more texture. I added a Reneabouquets butterfly, some glitter glass to the flower and a few sparkly gems from my stash. I then added a little sticker sentiment to the top of the card using foam square adhesive to pop it up a bit. And that's it! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Reneabouquets

Gawdie Girl Glitter Glass in Pale Pink

Tiny Treasures Emmie's Dream Butterflies


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.












You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!