It's Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus: Ink Blend Card for Halloween

by - 5:00:00 AM

It's that time of year when I need a little magic to help me buckle down and focus.


And by magic, I mean wine! Or maybe I like to think that it helps me relax and focus...I created this card for a friend who loves ghosts and wine. Her birthday is in October so it is a perfect ex excuse to create a fun card that's a little bit different. But honestly, this card would be great for anyone who loves wine--and it's so easy to make!


I started out by trimming down a piece of bright white cardstock to 4x5.25 inches. I then pulled out a couple of fun Distress Inks that I thought would make a nice ink blend for this time of year. I used Prize Ribbon at the top, Dusty Concord in the middle and Twisted Citron at the bottom. I used my Distress Sprayer to mist and add droplets to the background, then heat setting it.  To give it a spooky vignette look, I added a little Black Soot to the edges. 


I then cut some ghosts using the Frightful Things die set from the same white cardstock. To give them some texture, I dabbed them with the Embossing Ink Dabber and then used some clear embossing powder. I have some ultra thick embossing enamel left that I used for these, but regular embossing powder will work here too--just go over it quickly with your heat tool. As soon as it melts, move on before your embossing powder gets too smooth and glossy. To highlight the texture of the ghosts, rub a little Distress Crayon in a dark color (I used Black Soot) and them spritz with water. Rub off the excess with a soft cloth.


I cut the words Hocus Pocus from some metallic silver kraftstock using Scrapbook.com's Tall Skinny Alpha dies. I glued them on to the background with collage medium, making them a little wonky (spooky season is the best time to embrace a little imperfection). 


I chose a deep blue-purple cardstock from Scrapbook.com's A2 Rainbow pad and glued the inked background onto the solid cardstock using some 1/4 inch double sided adhesive.  I then used foam squares to adhere the ghosts to the card, snipping off anything that hung over the edges with some small scissors


Finally, I added a sentiment about needing wine to focus by typing it out with my Typecast, cutting it into a banner and sticking it on with a gem. All that is left is to glue the decorated card front to a card base and you are done!


I hope you enjoyed this fun little card and that you are having some fun this spooky season. Until next time, cheers and happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called White Marble. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.










You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!