Halloween Wedding Scrapbook Pages

by - 6:30:00 AM

I love when I get to create for other people--it is truly one of the most satisfying things to bring pictures to life.

Halloween Wedding Scrapbook Page made with: Bazzill cardstock; Colorplay paper; Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous anatomy chart stamps and moth study stamps, Ranger Ink crackling campfire Distress Ink; Doodlebug mini pearls; Graphic 45 rose bouquet

I recently created 4 pages and did an album cover alteration for a lovely couple who eloped on Halloween. In this blog post, I just wanted to share the photos I took of everything before sending the album off to them and some details about how I created the pages. 

Halloween Wedding Scrapbook Page made with: cardstock; Colorplay paper; Scrapbook.com adhesive; Tim Holtz Sizzix bats from Pumpkin Patch Colorize die; face masks; ribbon

For this first page (above), I took the ribbon from their hand fasting ceremony and tied it into a bow. I then looped it to double it over and then twisted it once in the center to make the infinity symbol. I used 1/4" adhesive to attach it to the page. 

Halloween Wedding Scrapbook Page made with: cardstock; Colorplay paper; Scrapbook.com adhesive; Tim Holtz Sizzix bats from Pumpkin Patch Colorize die; face masks; ribbon

I then took the face masks they wore during the ceremony and traced a heart shape with some chalk and then cut the hearts out. To keep the fabric from fraying, I hand sewed the edges under with some black thread. To attach the masks to the page, I sewed little X stitches in three spots on each mask to firmly attach it to the paper. 

Halloween Wedding Scrapbook Page made with: cardstock; Colorplay paper; Scrapbook.com adhesive; Tim Holtz Sizzix bats from Pumpkin Patch Colorize die; face masks; ribbon

I then matted the photos to black cardstock and popped them up with foam adhesive. To add a little more Halloween flair to the page, I cut three bats from the Pumpkin Patch Colorize die with kraftstock and then added some black gems to the centers. 

Halloween Wedding Scrapbook Page made with: cardstock; Scrapbook.com foam adhesive, word dies love, acetate; Graphic 45 rose bouquet; Tim Holtz Ranger fired brick Distress Ink, Sizzix spider web die; shaker element; Colorplay paper

For the second page, I tore some rose patterned paper  and then watercolored the roses with fired brick Distress Ink. I cut out a spider and spider web as well as the word love from rose gold metallic kraftstock

Halloween Wedding Scrapbook Page made with: cardstock; Scrapbook.com foam adhesive, word dies love, acetate; Graphic 45 rose bouquet; Tim Holtz Ranger fired brick Distress Ink, Sizzix spider web die; shaker element; Colorplay paper

I took some of the dried petals and placed them into a simple shaker element that I created using cardstock, acetate and foam adhesive. I tied the black satin ribbon from the bouquet into a bow. I then attached everything to the pages using foam adhesive, roller adhesive and collage matte medium. For the ribbon, I sewed through the back of the knot through the paper to attach it. I added a few red rose buds using heavy body gel as well. 

Halloween Wedding Scrapbook Page made with: cardstock; Scrapbook.com foam adhesive, acetate; Graphic 45 rose bouquet; Tim Holtz Sizzix frightful things ghost die cuts, mummy cloth ribbon; Pinkfresh crystals; shaker element; Heidi Swapp Minc rose gold foil; Colorplay paper

The third page was made in a similar fashion to page two, except this time I foiled the rose paper (this was a foil friendly paper) with Minc rose gold foil. I cut out some ghosts from the Frightful Things die set and created a bow from Mummy Cloth

Halloween Wedding Scrapbook Page made with: cardstock; Scrapbook.com foam adhesive, acetate; Graphic 45 rose bouquet; Tim Holtz Sizzix frightful things ghost die cuts, mummy cloth ribbon; Pinkfresh crystals; shaker element; Heidi Swapp Minc rose gold foil; Colorplay paper

The shaker element this time held some of the confetti from the end of the ceremony. I added a few Pinkfresh clear crystals into the mix just for a bit of special sparkle. Again, I attached everything here with thread, heavy body gel, foam adhesive and roller adhesive. 

Halloween Wedding Scrapbook Page made with: Bazzill cardstock; Colorplay paper; Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous anatomy chart stamps and moth study stamps, Ranger Ink crackling campfire Distress Ink; Doodlebug mini pearls; Graphic 45 rose bouquet

For the final page, I gave a big dose of red by using some Bazzill cardstock as the background paper. I incorporated some of the tone on tone black swirl patterned paper and mounted the photos on black cardstock.

Halloween Wedding Scrapbook Page made with: Bazzill cardstock; Colorplay paper; Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous anatomy chart stamps and moth study stamps, Ranger Ink crackling campfire Distress Ink; Doodlebug mini pearls; Graphic 45 rose bouquet

I stamped some images using the Anatomy Chart stamp set with black soot Archival Ink and fussy cut the images out. Using my stamping platform, I also stamped a moth from the Moth Study stamp set in crackling campfire Distress Ink, spritzed the image, patted it dry, then stamped it again but this time in Archival Ink. 

Halloween Wedding Scrapbook Page made with: Bazzill cardstock; Colorplay paper; Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous anatomy chart stamps and moth study stamps, Ranger Ink crackling campfire Distress Ink; Doodlebug mini pearls; Graphic 45 rose bouquet

I glued all the elements down with glue roller, 1/4" adhesive, foam adhesive and heavy body gel. I added a few red pearls to finish it all off. 

Wedding album cover with lace made with: Scrapbook.com white 12x12 album; Heidi Swapp Minc rose gold foil name plaque; Graphic 45 Rose Bouquet paper flowers

And finally, I want to share the album cover alteration. I purchased some lace from Etsy for this. It had some stretch so I stretched it around the 12x12 white album from Scrapbook.com, measured and cut the lace. I then hand stitched the lace into a loop of fabric that could then stretch around the front cover (see photo below for the stitching placed to the inside of the album cover). 

Wedding album cover with lace made with: Scrapbook.com white 12x12 album; Heidi Swapp Minc rose gold foil name plaque; Graphic 45 Rose Bouquet paper flowers

To keep the lace from sliding around, I created a name plaque for the couple, using 6 layers of cardstock, matted to create three layers. I then foiled sheets of toner ink in rose gold foil, placed a double-sided adhesive sheet on the back, and cut the letters out for their names. I peeled the backing off the letters and pressed them down onto the plaque base. 

Wedding album cover with lace made with: Scrapbook.com white 12x12 album; Heidi Swapp Minc rose gold foil name plaque; Graphic 45 Rose Bouquet paper flowers

To glue the plaque down, I used a thin layer of soft gloss gel (but any thin liquid adhesive would work, like the Scrapbook.com Smart Glue--just brush it on in a thin layer). I used something heavy to press the plaque down firmly in place for about a half hour, then took the heavy items off to let the glue fully cure. I added a couple of white roses and some gems using heavy body gel and collage medium respectively to adhere them with. 

I'm happy to say that the couple loved their album and pages and I hope you do too! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called Shiplap. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!



Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.








You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!