Sent with Love Saturday: I Feel So Lucky Distress Oxide Ink and Dragonfly Card

by - 6:00:00 AM

I'm always up for some new color combinations. But I also love some old favorites too!

Handmade Card created with: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in salvaged patina, peacock feathers and twisted citron; the Scrapbook.com slimline Moroccan Tile die, A2 Cools cardstock; and Reneabouquets dragonfly

Purple and teal is an old favorite of mine, but I wanted to spice it up a bit by adding an unexpected color--bright green! This Distress color blend of teal and green ended up being the perfect match for a pretty Reneabouquets dragonfly that I have been saving for just the right project. 

Handmade Card created with: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in salvaged patina, peacock feathers and twisted citron; the Scrapbook.com slimline Moroccan Tile die, A2 Cools cardstock; and Reneabouquets dragonfly

I started by layering Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron Distress Inks on some white cardstock that I trimmed with my deckle edge trimmer on the longer sides. I spritzed and splattered with water, dabbing up the excess and then drying with my heat tool. 

Handmade Card created with: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in salvaged patina, peacock feathers and twisted citron; the Scrapbook.com slimline Moroccan Tile die, A2 Cools cardstock; and Reneabouquets dragonfly

I then die cut the slimline Moroccan Tile die on purple cardstock, trimming it straight on one edge and with the deckle edge trimmer on 2 others. I also trimmed it back with scissors to create a raw edge on the fourth edge. I used Smart Glue to adhere it to the card front. 

Handmade Card created with: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in salvaged patina, peacock feathers and twisted citron; the Scrapbook.com slimline Moroccan Tile die, A2 Cools cardstock; and Reneabouquets dragonfly

I used both Smart Glue and foam squares to add some of the offcuts to the card front. I then added the Reneabouquets dragonfly over the die cut, gently bending the wings for dimension. To finish it off, I added a sentiment sticker and glued on a few purple gems

Handmade Card created with: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in salvaged patina, peacock feathers and twisted citron; the Scrapbook.com slimline Moroccan Tile die, A2 Cools cardstock; and Reneabouquets dragonfly

I then used the 1" and 2" foam adhesive (I cannot live without foam adhesive!!) to add the card front to a scored card. And that's it! Simple and pretty! 

I have some special projects coming up next month so be sure to follow me on Instagram to get notified of my newest projects and blog posts! Next month I'll be sharing my guest designs for Reneabouquets and I can't wait to share those projects with you!

Happy Crafting!
Adrienne

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.






You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!