Sent with Love Saturday: Pops of Colors 6 Ways

by - 6:30:00 AM

I love a good versatile paper crafting product! It really gives you a lot of options and endless creativity.

6 Cards and ATCs made with Scrapbook.com Pops of Color collection

I recently purchased nearly every color of Scrapbook.com's Pops of Color. These add pretty dimensional accents to your layouts and cards (much like Ranger's Liquid Pearls or Nuvo's Drops). But I resolved to experiment with these to see if I could make more than just enamel dots with them. From my experiments, I found 6 fun ways to use your Pops of Color! So for this Sent with Love Saturday, get not just 1 card, but 6 cards and ATCs!

1 | Faux Simmer Watercolor Background

Faux Watercolor Background Card made with Scrapbook.com Pops of Color and Tim Holtz Impresslit floral frame

Raise your hand if you love a shimmery watercolor background?! I know I do! This faux shimmer watercolor background requires 2 or more Pops of Color and a palette knife. Randomly dot your paper with the Pops of Color and then smear it around with your palette knife to create a faux watercolor background. To see my process, check out my TikTok video below!


2 | Rainbows

Rainbow ATC made with Scrapbook.com Pops of Color, Prima watercolor cardstock and a palette knife

My tips for this fun technique is to use watercolor cardstock and to practice a few times. Simply add your colors to one side, then swipe your palette knife in a semi circle to create a rainbow. I found that the watercolor cardstock did a better job of holding on to more of the color as I swiped across. All you have to do is then add some clouds with lace or die cuts!


3 | Shimmer Watercolored Stamped Images

Watercolor Shimmer Card made with Scrapbook.com Pops of Color, Tim Holtz specimen and entomology stamp and Distress Oxide

Here's another shimmery watercolor technique, but this one actually employs a paintbrush and water. Stamp out an image with archival ink then add some Pops of Color to a palette. Add a little bit of water and mix until you get the right consistency. Apply your colors using a paintbrush. You can even mix your Pops of Color, like I did with this one, mixing the orange and red to get a persimmon color. 


4 | Tinted Crackle Paste

Tinted Crackle Paste ATC made with Scrapbook.com Pops of Color, Ranger crackle paste and Prima's With Love collection

If you want a matte, shabby chic vibe, look no further than this technique. Place some white crackle paste in a palette or on a non-stick craft mat. Add some Pops of Color and mix to tint then apply to your project for a pretty pastel-colored crackle paste! 


5 | Easy Striped Background

Rainbow and Stripes Card made with Scrapbook.com Pops of Color, craft scraper, rainbow wishes die, A2 cardstock, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide and Pinkfresh Jewels

Looking for an easy background idea? All you need are some Pops of Color and a craft scraper for this one. Apply your Pops of Color to your paper and then scrape across using a craft scraper. To get a more vibrant look, scrape across a second time to deposit more color. 


6 | Highlighted Crackle Paste

Shimmer Crackle Paste ATC made with Scrapbook.com Pops of Color and Prima's Watercolor Floral collection

If you want to add a hint of color and shimmer to your crackle past, this is the one for you. Apply your crackle past to your project and let it fully dry. Then add your Pops of Color to a palette with a little bit of water and mix. Paint your mixture over the dried crackle past and dab off the excess if desired.


The color settles in between the cracks and a slight shimmer will remain on the surface, depending on how much you dab off. 

ATC made with Scrapbook.com Pops of Color and Prima's Watercolor Floral collection

I hope that you found some fun new techniques in this tutorial! Drop a comment below if you want me to try out some other technique with the Pops of Color!

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.







You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!