Scrap Room Tour: Paper Crafting Organization Ideas with Scrapbook.com Storage Solutions

by - 6:30:00 AM

I have been on an organizational kick in my craft room lately. 

Craft Scrap Room Tour: Scrapbook.com ink pad storage with sorted A2 Cardstock, a felt letter board, storage jars, inks, and other paper craft supplies

Prior to moving in to our new house, I didn't have a dedicated craft room. Now I'm lucky enough to have a dedicated room and dedicated storage solutions! But even if you don't have a dedicated room, having a few innovative storage solutions can be helpful. 

Craft Scrap Room Tour: Create Room Workbox (Dreambox) and Scrapbook.com storage solutions

Not only do storage and organization solutions make it easy to tuck away your supplies when not in use,  it also makes it so you can actually see what you have! And when you can see what you have, you use it! (That's something I've been getting better at since moving in to our new house.)

Craft Scrap Room Tour: Create Room Workbox right swing door upgrade with DIY magnetic door and Scrapbook.com ColorCase and small Storage Jars

When we moved into the new house, we bought a Workbox 3.0 from Create Room. But not all my supplies fit in the unit and I wasn't able to buy the right swing door upgrade kit before they stopped selling it. But the black velcro and plastic pockets was totally useless to me. It was wasted space so I devised a way to upgrade the door myself. 

Craft Scrap Room Tour: Create Room Workbox right swing door upgrade with DIY magnetic door and Scrapbook.com ColorCase and small Storage Jars

I started by removing the black velcro fabric (which was pretty easy because it was already peeling away). I then covered the door in sheet metal, which is magnetic, and then covered the sheet metal with a floral vinyl wallpaper. By making the door magnetic, this allowed me to add small storage solutions with magnets to the door and utilize the space better! And you don't have to have a giant Scrapbox or Dreambox to do this with--a magnetic white board hanging on a wall will do the trick!

I bought several of the Small Storage Jars from Scrapbook.com and some magnets from Amazon. I adhered the magnets to the back of the jars, filled them up with brads, grommets and other small embellishments, then stuck the jars to the door. (Don't worry, I saved the boxes the storage jars come in to sort ephemera in while working on projects.) I also attached 5 magnets to a 1 oz ColorCase used to hold my domed foam blending tools and stuck it to the door. The large storage jars from Scrapbook.com wouldn't fit with magnets so I purchased some magnetic spice tins for a few larger embellishments. 

Craft Scrap Room Tour: Create Room Workbox right swing door upgrade with DIY magnetic door and Scrapbook.com ColorCase and small Storage Jars

Speaking of the 1 oz ColorCases, I have another on my modular storage unit with two Pops of Color in it. Can't wait until it's full of amazing colors! I also plan on putting a built in shelf on one of the walls in my scrap loft that eventually will hold everything in these few modular storage units. Until then, these will do--it always seems to be a work in progress here!

Craft Room Tour: modular cube storage and Scrapbook.com ColorCase with Pops of Color

I also have a 0.5 oz ColorCase holding my Ranger Pearls and Stickles. I love these Color Cases because they hold a variety of different supplies and tools and because they are clear, you can really see your stuff! Plus it looks so pretty sitting over here on my etagere! 

Craft Scrap Room Tour: Scrapbook.com ColorCase with Ranger Stickles and Pearls, felt letterboard

Sitting on my craft desk are several storage solutions, a brush vase, some small bowls and pedestals. But I also have a Scrapbook.com ink pad storage tower. Since my inks already have a home, I decided to use the two ink pad storage units for something else entirely. The one on my desk is holding finished ATCs. I create these and add them to client's packages or send them to friends. The other unit holds my A2 cardstock, sorted by color and pad (that's the first photo in the blog post, but you can also see it sitting atop my Scrapbox in the second photo).  

Craft Scrap Room Tour: Scrapbook.com Ink Pad Storage with ATCs

And nothing goes to waste in my craft room! The lid to the ColorCase that holds my blending tools on the swing door of my Scrapbox sits on my desk holding a bunch of baubles. It looks so pretty and makes them easy to reach and add to mixed media projects! 

Craft Scrap Room Tour: Scrapbook.com ColorCase lid filled with pearls

My craft desk has a built in shelf on one side so I have a bunch of storage here. I have three of the Spellbinder's die bins on the top shelf. On the middle shelf I have two of the Scrapbook.com storage bins that I use to hold my most used supplies, like adhesives and tools. 

Craft Scrap Room Storage: Scrapbook.com Storage Bin with Lid

Here's a view of some of the things I've stored in one of my bins. Much of it has stayed the same, but some of it has changed. 

Craft Scrap Room Tour: Scrapbook.com Storage Bin with Lid filled with paper craft supplies

I hope that you enjoyed this quick tour of my craft room. I still have a lot of things I want to do, like the built in shelf and better overhead lighting. I hope you'll take the journey with me as I get my new craft room in order! 

Craft Scrap Room Tour: Create Room Workbox (Dreambox) and Scrapbook.com storage solutions

Oh, but I did want to share this little peek at all my extra supplies in the mechanical closet off of my craft room. I used to have everything piled on top of each other and in a plastic drawer unit. It was really hard getting things in and out of there. Now I have a nice utility shelf that makes it much easier to reach the supplies I need!

Craft Scrap Room Tour: utility shelf with paper crafting supplies

You can check out my Organization Stories on Instagram for a peek at the before and after! There's a lot that was stuffed in there, because, you know...I want *all* the craft supplies! 

Craft Scrap Room Tour: Scrapbook.com ink pad storage with sorted A2 Cardstock, a felt letter board, storage jars, inks, and other paper craft supplies

Happy Crafting!

Adrienne


I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are storage products that I used and some of the supplies I store in them.










You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!