Thinking of You Simple Handmade Rainbow Card

by - 6:00:00 AM

 Let's face it, 2020 hasn't had nearly enough sunshine and roses. 

Scrapbook.com rainbow wishes die cut, A2 smooth cardstock cools and warms, Waffle Flower Special Delivery sample paper pad, Ranger Ink thistle archival ink

And while the holidays are generally a time filled with joy, it just doesn't feel the same this year. I feel like we could all use a little something to lift our spirits a bit more, so I just wanted to tell you, rainbows only appear after a storm

Scrapbook.com rainbow wishes die cut, A2 smooth cardstock cools and warms, Waffle Flower Special Delivery sample paper pad, Ranger Ink thistle archival ink

So if you know someone who needs a "hug" because they are feeling down or they are missing their loved ones, sending out a simple handmade card can help. I know, I know; a card isn't much. But when it's handmade, you are telling the recipient that they are so special that you took the time to create them something with love. And that goes a long way.

To make this card, I started with a scored A2 Solar White Card then glued some paper with a pattern of clouds from the Waffle Flower Special Delivery sample pack. (Which, by the way, you can get free today with any purchase at Scrapbook.com along with some other great deals today!) 

Scrapbook.com rainbow wishes die cut, A2 smooth cardstock cools and warms, Waffle Flower Special Delivery sample paper pad, Ranger Ink thistle archival ink

Next, I used the Rainbow Wishes die and Scrapbook.com's smooth cardstock pads in cools and warms to create a sweet little rainbow. I also cut out a banner layer from a flat Solar White card front and stamped a "thinking of you" sentiment on it. 

I used 1/4 inch roll adhesive to adhere the banner layer and rainbow layers onto a white base of the die cut. I used a few foam squares to pop the rainbow up off the background and then added a couple of clear raindrop gems under the rainbow. 

Scrapbook.com rainbow wishes die cut, A2 smooth cardstock cools and warms, Waffle Flower Special Delivery sample paper pad, Ranger Ink thistle archival ink

I hope this simple card lifted your spirits as well!

Happy Crafting,
Adrienne

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.


You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!