Beauty is Everywhere: Coral and Teal Scrapbook Page

by - 5:31:00 PM

It's been a while since I've posted anything.  I've been working on plenty of projects but finding the time to write the blog posts has been difficult.  My sister was recently engaged, however she thought her wedding would be next summer.  When her fiancé found out he was being stationed in Germany, they had to move the wedding up to this summer.  So planning and creating decorations has taken top priority in my crafting world.  I'm also the maid of honor so I'm in charge of the bridal shower as well!  There just aren't enough hours in a day!

Beauty is Everywhere | Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland

Part of my sister's wedding is having a scrapbook album for display at the reception.  I've scrapped another beautiful nature photo from Caitlin and Alex's trip to California.  This photo was taken on their drive back home when they started to reach the colder winter temps of the Rocky Mountains.

Beauty is Everywhere | Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland
Beauty is Everywhere:  I just love the chevron and ombre paper from Studio Calico that is used as the background.  I layered 1 color and 2 black & white of this stunning photo; added jute, pebbles, flowers, enamel dots, pleated coral ribbon and more!

I just love this paper from Studio Calico--the color and the chevron shape match the picture so well! 

I started by distressing the background by painting on a generous layer of Tim Holtz crackle paint in rock candy then adding in a little color with some distress inks in peacock feather and ripe persimmon as well as some Heidi Swapp color shine in teal and peach.

Beauty is Everywhere | Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland
Detail of the Tim Holtz crackle paint.
I also used a journaling card from Bazzill's Wayfarer collection to cut out the arrow and map point 

I've been obsessed with pleated ribbon (see my last blog post) so I added some to this layout.  Plus the color of this ribbon is just beautiful!  (I found it at Walmart, if you can believe that.)

Beauty is Everywhere | Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland
Detail of the cluster of embellishments.
My sister is obsessed with birds so the Maya Road little birdie paperclip adds a lovely touch.  The wing is in the shape of an upside down heart--perfect for two little lovebirds' scrapbook album! 

Finally I added some other fun embellishments like Prima flowers, Basic Grey enamel dots (these are a staple in my supply stash!) & stitched brads, a chipboard button and some green and blue pebbles to match the bokeh effect in the photo.  

Since today is Friday and I've had a pretty awesome week (check out my Instagram feed to see why), I want you to have an awesome weekend!

Here's your freebie!!


Preview of the free Silhouette cut file
Includes 1 Studio file, 2 Illustrator files (one with color, one without), a dxf file and a png preview.

Download your freebie here!
















You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!