Travel Themed Scrapbook Layouts

by - 10:30:00 AM

I've been absent for some time on my blog due to a rush of getting some planning done for my sister's wedding and bridal shower later this summer.  I've still been working on some layouts--mostly for my sister and her fiancé so they have a scrapbook album to display at the wedding.  I'm still working through the tons of photos from their recent trip to Cali.  Today I have 2 of those pages to share!
mixed media lo golden gate bridge
Mixed media layout:  The background was created with a variety of products.  The pleated ribbon represents the fog you always think of when San Francisco comes to mind.  
This first page is one of my attempts to do more of a mixed-media layout.  I purchased a Silhouette cut of the golden gate bridge then altered it to add an area for the photo "windows."  Once I got all the various pieces cut out, I started in on the background with a mix of mists, Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Stains and even Martha Stewart Sparkle Texture Effect (to create the white caps on the waves).
I pleated and sewed the ribbon by hand because I just love the look of an uneven pleat!  I added brown, blue and green colored Distress Paint to the top layer to make the whole page seem like a photo.  I added a few other embellishments besides the ribbon and glued it all down.

mixed media lo golden gate
Mixed media layout:  The background utilized a stencil and the vellum represents the fog in this case.  

This second page is a bit more simple.  I used a lot of the same colors for the background but decided to go for a geometric stencil that closely matches the patterns in the Golden Gate Bridge.  I added layers of paper and vellum, adding sequins to a vellum pocket as well as a pull-out photo tag.  I glued on a few embellishments and called it a day!


For a specific list of products used, check out both pages in my Scrapbook.com Gallery.




You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!