Cheshire's Eyes: An Altered Tim Holtz Vignette Tray

by - 9:00:00 AM

I purchased some Tim Holtz Vignette Trays on sale a while back in the hopes of creating some amazing art to display in my scrap loft or somewhere in the house. After creating two other Alice in Wonderland themed projects, I was hooked and knew I needed to make more. Plus, I had all these adorable papers and embellishments from Echo Park!


Welcome to the third part in a series of my Alice in Wonderland themed projects. I'm so excited to be sharing these with you!


To start off this project, I painted the corners and edges of the tray with black gesso. I cut strips of paper from the Echo Park Alice in Wonderland collection to go on the sides of the tray, both inside and outside, and inked the edges with black soot Distress Ink.


Once those were glued down I cut out a black piece of cardstock that fit the inside back of the tray.  Using Distress Oxide inks, I created a galaxy background. I also splashed some iridescent spray for stars on it then glued it in place.


Using my Silhouette, I cut out a grassy knoll for my Alice embellishment to be glued on and also a tree from some brown cardstock for my Cheshire Cat to sit in. I also cut out some poppies from the coordinating solid blue paper and some black cardstock. In the center, I glued blue cat eye cabochons.


Once everything was cut out, I assembled everything in the box, adding some iridescent druzy stones to the background to represent large stars. I also added some metallic silver thread under my flowers and chipboard phrase.


Products Used
Tim Holtz: Idea-ology - vignette trays; Distress Ink - mermaid lagoon, black soot; Distress Oxide - iced spruce, cracked pistachio, worn lipstick, broken china, faded jeans, wilted violet | Echo Park: Alice in Wonderland - always be kind, dream big, chipboard phrases, blue coordinating solid paper | WeR: Stitch Happy - silver thread | Renea Bouquets: Alice in Wonderland - Alice, Cheshire Cat | Bazzill: Cardstock - hot fudge | Prima: Art Basics - black gesso, 3D gloss gel; Watercolor Collection - florella | Marion Smith Designs: Color Lab - galaxy | Tattered Angles: Glimmer Mist - iridescent gold | Recollections: Cardstock - black | Queen & Co: Quartz Stones - iridescent | Bead Landing: Found Objects - glass cabochons 


I hope you enjoyed this simple but cute project!

Happy Crafting!
Adrienne

You Might Also Like:
















You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!