Little Moments: A Maternity Scrapbook Layout

by - 7:00:00 AM

One of the joys of scrapbooking is the being able to scrap for others.  It is exciting to interact with clients, learn about their likes and preferences and then create something you know they will cherish forever. 


The Little Moments | A Maternity Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderlandook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland


It's also fun to see their family grow up over time, whether it's in just one album or with a long-term client who sends you photos every month or so to work on.  This particular client has three gorgeous little girls and each one is getting a scrapbook of photos from mom's pregnancy and on.  

The Little Moments | A Maternity Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderlandook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland

Scrapping for others also allows me to create several different styles and stretch my creativity.  For my own family, I do a lot of vintage and shabby chic layouts.  For this client's layout, I went with a more modern style--bright colors, bold patterns and a splash of mixed media. I picked up on colors from the mom's outfits in the photos for color inspiration too.    

The Little Moments | A Maternity Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland
A splash of mixed media and some colorful and boldly patterned papers make for a fun modern layout.


I love layering papers!  Did I mention I'm a paper and cardstock addict?  I'm literally drowning in it and I look at some papers and say, "But you are just too pretty to cut into!"  Luckily, I always end up finding the perfect project for it down the road.  It's kismet!  Nothing goes to waste in my scrap room, not even packaging, scraps or color mists.  I always have white paper flowers on hand to soak up excess color mists and inks from my non-stick craft mat.  

The Little Moments | A Maternity Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland


But back to this layout.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to add journaling after creating a mixed media background and then began layering on my papers, distressing the edges a bit for texture and depth.  I also added on some stickers for the title as well as a cute little butterfly sticker and enamel glitter dots.  

The Little Moments | A Maternity Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland


To add just a bit more sparkle, I used my Wink of Stella glitter brush pen to add some glimmer to the clipboard I fussy cut out of some paper.  I also added a little bit of glossy accents to the camera on the clipboard. 


The Little Moments | A Maternity Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland


And voila!  That is how a plain white piece of cardstock becomes a spunky, colorful layout!

Products Used:
  • Recollections:  Cardstock - white
  • Simple Stories:  I Am - fundamentals cardstock stickers
  • Pink Paislee:  Memorandum - cubicles, labels, punch card
  • Dear Lizzy:  Documentary - bear hug, ever ever, fancy free, happy happy, me and you
  • Doodlebug:  Sprinkles - bright glitter assortment
  • Crystal Stickers:  Bubbles
  • My Mind's Eye:  Miss Caroline- dilly dally "celebrate" brads
  • Sticko:  Dimensions Letter Stickers - black foam glitter
  • Tim Holtz:  Distress Ink - fossilized amber; Distress Stain - abandoned coral
  • Ranger Ink:  Archival Ink - jet black; Glossy Accents
  • Glitz Design:  Finnley - rubber stamps
  • Zig:  Wink of Stella - clear


Happy Scrapping!
Adrienne






You May Also Like

0 comments