Bright Cupcake: A Sweet Handmade Birthday Card

by - 6:22:00 PM

It's been a while since I've done a blog post.  It has been just over a year since my Oma passed away and we have now sold both family homes, purchased a new build and have finally moved in!  In the move we got rid of a lot of the old furniture since we had to put everything into storage for 3 months so I ended up having to get some new storage for my crafting supplies (I'll be doing a blog post about this later).  Now that everything is finally set up I can get back to crafting.  In the meantime, I'll be sharing some of my older creations.

  

I made this sweet little card for my sister last year.  It is inspired by a similar card I found online.  Her favorite color is purple so I made sure to use lots and lots of purple on her card.  She also loves vintage style so I used vintage patterned papers, some lace, melange, sequins and black pearls.

Birthday card, cupcake, handmade, scrapbooking, paper crafts, flowers, lace, pearls, vintage
Vintage papers and pretty flowers frame this sweet cupcake with candles and lights.  


I started with a purple card base and added a layer of purple damask patterned paper.  I used my Silhouette to create the cupcake die cut from varying purple, brown and cream papers then added some lace and pearls to it.

I also cut a frame with a cream colored damask background that also has the greeting written on it using my Silhouette sketch pens.  I used pop dots to raise the frame up off the background for dimension then added some pearls to it.

Birthday card, cupcake, handmade, scrapbooking, paper crafts, flowers, lace, pearls, vintage
Paper flowers from Prima and Kaisercraft are clustered with some pearl stamens colored with alcohol ink.


I used alcohol ink to add a matching color to some flower stamens and clustered a few of them with some purple Prima flowers at the corners of the card as well as a small purple jute bow.

To finish it all off, I added sequins, pearls, melange and enamel dots above the candles on the cupcake to create the illusion of light.  It reminds me of bokeh.

Birthday card, cupcake, handmade, scrapbooking, paper crafts, flowers, lace, pearls, vintage


Products Used:


  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - creampuff, blissful, berry pretty, white
  • American Crafts:  Jute Twine - purple
  • Prima:  Isabella - rosalia; Clear Pebbles - small; chalk Ink - pastel brown, pastel purple, white; Art Basics - modeling paste
  • Kiasercraft:  Paper Blooms - grape
  • Marion Smith Designs:  Bloom Impressions - stamens in pearl white
  • Ranger Ink:  Alcohol Ink - wild plum; Glossy Accents
  • Craft Medley:  Cup Sequins - black and white classic
  • Silhouette:  Sketch Pens - black
  • Recollections:  Mini Lace Trim - white; Pearls - black and white mix; Sugar Dots - white; various patterned papers
  • Other:  dark brown cardstock; pop dots


Happy Crafting!
Adrienne


You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!