Tea for Two: A Handmade Bridal Shower Card

by - 8:30:00 AM

I've now thrown two tea party bridal showers with the help of some wonderful family members.  But the one thing I know I can do all on my own is creating a handmade card for the bride-to-be.  

Tea for Two:  A Handmade Bridal Shower Card by Alice Scraps Wonderland | Vintage teacups and a teabag made of vellum and Flower Soft add sweet touches to this handmade card for the bride-to-be.


My bonus sister (so much more pleasant and fun to say than step-sister!) is a fun loving, yet sophisticated and intelligent young woman.  Carmella requested a garden tea party themed bridal shower and so I of course had to make a card that matched!


tea, tea party, handmade, paper crafts, card, handmade card, macarons, vintage, distress ink, spoons, teacups, scrapbooking

I started with a kraft card and a teal background.  I then used my Silhouette sketch pen in a glittery pink to write out "tea for two" and cut it out as a label.  I also cut out the cake stand, macarons, teacups (with paper that matched her banner), saucers and tea bag using my Silhouette.  


tea, tea party, handmade, paper crafts, card, handmade card, macarons, vintage, distress ink, spoons, teacups, scrapbooking


I inked all the shapes with matching Tim Holtz distress ink to give the cuts dimension.  The tea bag is 3 dimensional and I cut it out from vellum.  I sealed the sides then added some flora soft, threaded some embroidery floss through the top and sealed it.  I tied the end of the floss and used a stapler to attach the tag for a realistic effect.  


tea, tea party, handmade, paper crafts, card, handmade card, macarons, vintage, distress ink, spoons, teacups, scrapbooking


I used pop dots to attach the cups and the dark pink macaron to the card to give it dimension and added a pink Doodlebug pearl to each side of the label.  


tea, tea party, handmade, paper crafts, card, handmade card, macarons, vintage, distress ink, spoons, teacups, scrapbooking


And there you have it!  The perfect card for a bride-to-be who loves tea parties!

To see Carmella's bridal shower, check out my Rooted in Love blog post.
To see Caitlin's bridal shower, view my Vintage Tea Party Bridal Shower post.  


Products Used

  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - strawberry patch, pinecone, berrylicious, milkshake, maltball, kachina, cotton candy, white, vellum
  • Doodlebug:  Cardstock - pistachio; Mini Pearls - bubblegum mix
  • American Crafts:  Cardstock - concrete
  • Core'dinations:  Essentials Color Core Cardstock - begonia
  • Basic Grey:  Tea Garden - jasmine
  • Flower Soft: Fine - peony pink
  • Tim Holtz:  Distress Ink - pumice stone, tattered rose
  • Silhouette America:  Sketch Pens - dark pink glitter
  • We R Memory Keepers:  Sew Easy Floss in Brown - quick sand


Happy Crafting!
Adrienne




You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!