An Engagement: A Scrapbook Layout + Freebie!

by - 12:29:00 PM

Happy Thursday, to you all!  Yesterday I finished up a scrapbook layout and I can't tell you how happy I was to get back to scrapping!  I have a fun vintage layout to share with you along with a lovely freebie!

It was such a joy to get back to scrapping late yesterday afternoon.  I had had a particularly bad day and it felt good to submerse myself in crafting and forget about my problems for a bit.  

An Engagement | A Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland

It seems like ages ago that I took my sister and then fiancé's engagement photos.  I've been waiting for the hullabaloo of the wedding to subside so that I could get back to scrapping--though I can't complain--I got to make some amazing crafts for the wedding!

But I was also excited to use the Prima's Something Blue collection--I bought nearly everything in the collection.  I was so happy to see a vintage wedding collection because most wedding collections are in black, white and silver.  My sister and her husband love vintage and their wedding was, of course, vintage themed.

An Engagement | A Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland
An Engagement:  This layout was created using leftover bits and pieces from wedding crafts that I had saved just for this purpose + elements from Prima's Something Blue collection.  
I used a leftover 12x12 sheet of woodgrain paper from wedding invitation making then layered on a leftover burlap pennant from the wedding, a whole bunch of Prima papers and flowers, along with other flowers and vintage elements.

An Engagement | A Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland

One of my favorite elements was the lace doily trim from Prima.  It adds just enough of a soft and whimsical touch.  My sister was also wearing a lace shirt so it matched the photo well.  I also created a leaf using the new Prima wire thread in sage.  

I continued with the purple and green theme of their wedding by using leftover purple and green flowers from the wedding and bridal shower.  I also distressed all the layered papers with the Imaginisce D-Stress tool and then added some Prima chalk ink in pastel pink.  The sequins added just the right amount of bling.  

An Engagement | A Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland

I used my Silhouette to cut out the title then brushed it with a Tattered Angels glimmer mist for full coverage.  I also used another TA glimmer mist to change the color of the white lace flower from Prima to a more vintage-y color.  Continuing with the mixed media theme, underneath the burlap pennant and papers is a stamp from Prima stamped in white ink.

I clustered on the flowers heavily in the bottom left corner to continue the diagonal line down the layout. I added the word "love" in Prima's wire thread in sweet pink.

And because my sister, Caitlin, adores birds I just had to add a Prima resin birdie perched atop a lacy doily.  I also added a Something Blue wood chip embellishment to the corner of the 4x6 ATC from Prima's Something Blue collection.  

An Engagement | A Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland

Because Alex loves clocks, I placed in a few gears and a clock hand sticker plus one of Maya Road's kraft clocks.  

You can also see an open heart die cut just underneath the title.  I created this heart myself then cut and stamped on it using one of Finn's Sunrise Sunset stamps.   

Speaking of this open heart die cut, I created a small set and that is today's Freebie!  You will find it at the bottom of this posting.

Products Used:
  • Sugar Tree:  Steve's Pages - woodgrain (item #s331)
  • Prima:  Ingvild Blome - Cling Munted Stamps - Mixed Media Background 1; Trim - lace doily; Something Blue collection - wood embellishments, 6x4 ATC, 6x6 paper, flowers:  flower girl, maid of honor, tie the knot, save the date; Sunrise Sunset collection - Clear Acrylic Stamps 2; Flowers (other):  Adelynn - Absolute; Shabby Chic Ingvild Blome: Resin Treasures - sparrows; Natural Bark Icons - Hearts; Fluid Chalk Ink - Pastel Pink; Say It In Crystals - Assortment 15
  • Tsukineko:  Brilliance - Archival Pigment Pad - Moonlight White
  • Hobby Lobby: Mixed Media - Burlap banner pennant
  • The Paper Studio:  Mixed Media - Burlap rose, Spare Parts - Paper flowers in purple
  • Hazel & Ruby:  The Makery - Sequin Tubes - Diamond Dust, Champagne, Gold
  • Tim Holtz:  Idea-ology - Sprocket Gears
  • Maya Road:  Time Flies Kraft Clocks - White
  • Colorbox:  Archival Dye - Mudslide
  • Tattered Angels:  Glimmer Mist- Tattered Leather, Vanilla Breeze
  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - Kraft 12x12
  • Ranger Ink:  Melt Art - Melt Pot, Inks, UTEE
  • Zig:  Writer - Brown, Black
  • Stick:  Stickers - Vintage clock hand


Click the image below to download the FREE cut file!

Open Hearts, a free cut file from Alice Scraps Wonderland.




Happy Scrapping!
Adrienne


You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!