The Boys' Club: A Double-Paged Wedding Scrapbook Layout

by - 3:31:00 PM

Weddings are mostly for the bride, right?  Deciding on a decor theme, colors, cake flavor, location--the brides are mostly making the decisions.  The brides are the ones who mostly care about photos of the wedding day, the favors you give your guests, the dance music...

Silly Boys:  A Wedding Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland | A fun and fresh take matches the mood of the photos and keeps the layout from being too feminine while featuring the men of the bridal party.


I'm happy to say my brother-in-law, Alex, was not your stereotypical groom-to-be.  He was right there with my sister, Caitlin, helping her make decisions from the decor to music for the ceremony and reception to the favors.  He was excited to go cake tasting and to help choose a DJ.  When my sister and I would have planning meetings, he was right there with us.  

I knew then that Alex would always take care of my sister no matter what.  That he was interested in what she was interested in and that they were partners in decision making matters.  And this makes me immeasurably happy.

Silly Boys:  A Wedding Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland | A fun and fresh take matches the mood of the photos and keeps the layout from being too feminine while featuring the men of the bridal party.
Alex and his best man are goofing off before the wedding so I titled this page "Silly Boys." I also thought the man cave sign with deer head were perfect for this page.   
So because capturing the bride in photos is such a big part of the wedding day, I wanted to make sure I took advantage of every photo of the boys for Cait and Alex's wedding album.  And I really had a lot of photos to work with.  My cousin Kelly and her husband Andy team up to take wedding photos for Kelly's photography business so Andy got to hang out with the boys pre-wedding ceremony and capture their antics.  

I wanted to make sure the layouts were fun and bright to match the feeling of the photos.  But I also didn't want to add tons of embellishments like I had with many of the other layouts for the wedding album.  It's like a bright, modern double paged layout right in the middle of the album--like a breath of fresh air!


I {heart} This:  A Wedding Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland | A fun and fresh take matches the mood of the photos and keeps the layout from being too feminine while featuring the men of the bridal party.
Alex with our cousin, Bradan, who was Ring Security (ring bearer) pretending to be very serious.  I'm sure a lot of people wondered why my sister chose Bradan for the job of Ring Security seeing as he is a bit old for the role.  He and Caitlin have a very close relationship and Bradan also bonded with Alex the first time they met.  At the reception Bradan stood up to give a speech and couldn't finish it he got so emotional.  I think then, the wedding guests realized why Cait chose him for the job.
The layouts were pretty simple in their construction. I started with white paper as the base, spritzed on some color mist and started adding layers of washi tape and patterned papers from Glitz Design.  I added a few die cuts to each page:  the deer head with man cave sign, the "silly" phrase, the sunglasses and the cluster of hearts.  I used watercolors to color in the hearts and also to write "cool" and "fun" on pieces of white paper.  Finally I added stickers, enamel dots, large rhinestones and magnetic clips for a bit of flair.  The result is two fun pages of some of the boys in the bridal party.  

Products Used

  • Glitz Design:  Wild & Free - titles and accent stickers, washi tape, giant rhinestones, small hearts 12x12 paper, drips 12x12 paper; Unchartered Waters - teeny alphas gold; Finnley - deer head die cut for Silhouette
  • Tim Holtz:  Distress Spray - fossilized amber
  • American Crafts:  Cardstock - graphite; Baker's twine - yellow; Colorcopia - watercolors
  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - almond cream, ivy
  • Basic Grey: Tea Garden - green tea 12x12 paper, spiced 12x12 paper
  • K&Co.: Smash - magnetic clips
  • Doodlebug:  Sprinkles - bon bon
  • Recollections:  Enamel Dots - white; Cardstock - dark green, pale yellow; Mosaic Memories - faux bois 12x12 paper
  • The Paper Studio:  Cardstock - white, black
  • Silhouette:  Die Cut Machine - cameo


Happy Scrapping!
Adrienne





You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!