12 Days of Christmas Advent Mini Album

by - 9:40:00 AM

I love a good advent calendar, but creating a fun mini album Christmas advent is even better! 

12 Days of Christmas Advent Mini Album created with Prima Marketing's 25 & Peppermint collection: cover with Santa

Hey, crafty friends and fellow Prima lovers! Prima has not one, but two new Christmas collections this year! Today, we are taking a look at Frank Garcia’s 25 & Peppermint collection that I used to decorate one of his Memory Hardware Albums. (You can find a full list of supplies for this project at the bottom of this post.)

12 Days of Christmas Advent Mini Album created with Prima Marketing's 25 & Peppermint collection: cover with Santa

This collection is really sweet and features red, cream, and of course, Frank’s signature color—pink! I used the red and cream colors to decorate the outside of this album. I trimmed each side of the top of the album with some lace and velvet ribbon. I then layered on papers and some initial flowers. 

12 Days of Christmas Advent Mini Album created with Prima Marketing's 25 & Peppermint collection: close up of cover with Santa

The mould is Finnabair’s Mirror Frames mould. I backed it with paper and added the santa ephemera after painting it with Metallique Acrylic and White Gesso. I glued this frame only to flowers on the side of the album that swings open first, then added a couple more flowers. I also tucked in some of the smaller ornaments from the Wonder Gems Redesign mould. I added Memory Hardware Pearls and some glitter from the Crimson Glitter set. 

12 Days of Christmas Advent Mini Album created with Prima Marketing's 25 & Peppermint collection: days 1 and 2

Each page of this album features a die cut pocket that I filled with tags from the Tag Pad from the collection. But the pockets can also hold pictures or your own personal ephemera from the holiday season that you want to have as keepsakes! 

12 Days of Christmas Advent Mini Album created with Prima Marketing's 25 & Peppermint collection: day 3

Each page also features a die cut and hand-stitched number for each of the 12 days. I also used the sweet advent calendar background paper, adding an additional number to each page, whether it's attached to the tag, the pocket, or somewhere else on the page. 

12 Days of Christmas Advent Mini Album created with Prima Marketing's 25 & Peppermint collection: day 4

But of courser no page is complete without some of the ephemera and a little bit of lace. 

12 Days of Christmas Advent Mini Album created with Prima Marketing's 25 & Peppermint collection: day 5

Pro Tip: Save the strips you cut off from your papers and turn them into sweet little banners, like I did for under the bells on the double spread for day 5 (photo above). 

12 Days of Christmas Advent Mini Album created with Prima Marketing's 25 & Peppermint collection: day 6

This album was literally a cinch to put together. A little white paint to cover the kraft color of the Memory Hardware album, then all I had to do was die cut and add all of the background papers and elements! Then I got to decorate the cover, which is always my favorite part because it involves lots of flowers!

12 Days of Christmas Advent Mini Album created with Prima Marketing's 25 & Peppermint collection: day 7

I think the 2 things that took the most time was painting the album and adding the stitching to the die cut numbers! 

12 Days of Christmas Advent Mini Album created with Prima Marketing's 25 & Peppermint collection: days 8 and 9

And you can't go wrong with all of the sweet vintage images in soft pink, red and cream. 

12 Days of Christmas Advent Mini Album created with Prima Marketing's 25 & Peppermint collection: day 10

Plus all the gingerbread people! Papers, ephemera and even puffy stickers! 

12 Days of Christmas Advent Mini Album created with Prima Marketing's 25 & Peppermint collection: day 11

Now all I have to do is add photos of my niece from this upcoming holiday season whenever I'm ready! So fun and so easy!

12 Days of Christmas Advent Mini Album created with Prima Marketing's 25 & Peppermint collection: day 12

I hope that you enjoyed this look at my 12 Days of Christmas mini album project. Let me know in the comments below what you plan on making with the 25 & Peppermint collection. Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:

Scrapbook.com, A Cherry On Top, Spellbinders, Sizzix & Amazon

I am an affiliate with multiple companies. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used for this project.












You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I simply love this album! It will be my inspiration for my countdown to Christmas I doe with my daughter each year. Even though she is 19 now, she still gets so excited about opening the daily surprise as we count the days until Christmas. Thank you for your beautiful, inspiring work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear this project inspired you! Wishing you many happy memories with your daughter and your countdown to Christmas this year!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!