How to Create Layers of Flowers with Sizzix Stencil and Die Sets

by - 2:00:00 PM

I'm all about creating layers of flowers! So let's talk about an easy way to do just that.

"You Grow Girl" floral card created with Sizzix Abstract Blooms Stencil, Flowers and Ferns Thinlits, Born to Bloom stamp set and Tim Holtz Distress sprays and inks.

Hey, crafty friends! Previously I created a tag similar to this using the Tim Holtz Distress Spritz colors and I just had to create a coordinating card because I love the floral themed products from Sizzix that I used. 

"You Grow Girl" floral card created with Sizzix Abstract Blooms Stencil, Flowers and Ferns Thinlits, Born to Bloom stamp set and Tim Holtz Distress sprays and inks.

I also thought it a good opportunity for me to talk about more than just how I put together this card, but to also talk about an easy way to make a card that is full of layers of flowers.

"You Grow Girl" floral card created with Sizzix Abstract Blooms Stencil, Flowers and Ferns Thinlits, Born to Bloom stamp set and Tim Holtz Distress sprays and inks.

I know this card and my previous tag look complicated, but it's really quite simple. All you need is a floral stencil and some floral dies! And the Abstract Blooms stencil and Flowers and Fern Thinlits from Sizzix are made to coordinate.

I'll be sharing a tutorial Reel on my Instagram soon, so make sure you are following me there to catch that video! 

I simply used my Distress Oxides to ink the 4-layer Abstract Blooms stencil onto some white Mixed Media cardstock. The purple was the last layer to go on and before removing the stencil after adding my Oxide Ink, I sprayed on a bit of the Distress Spritz in Wilted Violet to add a hint of shimmer to the background. 

"You Grow Girl" floral card created with Sizzix Abstract Blooms Stencil, Flowers and Ferns Thinlits, Born to Bloom stamp set and Tim Holtz Distress sprays and inks.

The Flowers and Fern Thinlits were cut from backgrounds I made using various Distress Spray Stains and the new Distress Spritz colors. (I've got a linked list of supplies below). I glued the couple of layers together and set them aside for assembly of the card.

"You Grow Girl" floral card created with Sizzix Abstract Blooms Stencil, Flowers and Ferns Thinlits, Born to Bloom stamp set and Tim Holtz Distress sprays and inks.

I stamped out a sentiment from the Born to Bloom stamp set and fussy cut it out. Then I die cut a Katy Deco Diamond from vellum and acetate. 

"You Grow Girl" floral card created with Sizzix Abstract Blooms Stencil, Flowers and Ferns Thinlits, Born to Bloom stamp set and Tim Holtz Distress sprays and inks.

To assemble, I glued the diamonds together, with the vellum on top (the acetate will keep it from drooping). I popped it onto the card using foam adhesive. Next I die cut layered the flowers and ferns on top using liquid adhesive and foam adhesive. 

"You Grow Girl" floral card created with Sizzix Abstract Blooms Stencil, Flowers and Ferns Thinlits, Born to Bloom stamp set and Tim Holtz Distress sprays and inks.

The finishing touches were adding on the sentiment with foam adhesive, and some Pinkfresh jewels with liquid glue! I hope that you love this floral inspiration and that it inspires you to combine your stencils and dies in fun new ways. Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Scrapbook.com, A Cherry On Top & Sizzix

I am an affiliate with multiple companies. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used for this project.













You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!