DIY Stamped Trinket Dish

by - 3:00:00 PM

This easy DIY project is perfect for quick home decor or gifts. Learn how to use a mould, casting mix, a stamp and watercolor into a beautiful piece.

Round trinket dish with blue watercolor butterfly and gold edges; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms Stamp & Framelit set; Redesign Contours of Grace Mould and Casting Mix.

Hi, crafty friend! I have a super easy DIY for you using Sizzix stamps and a mould from Redesign with Prima. You may have remembered my DIY coasters using some Willow Wolfe Sizzix stamps, and this time, we are stamping up a trinket dish.

Round trinket dish with blue watercolor butterfly and gold edges; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms Stamp & Framelit set; Redesign Contours of Grace Mould and Casting Mix.

I've got all the supplies you'll need to create this project listed below, so let's get right into this easy tutorial.

Round trinket dish with blue watercolor butterfly and gold edges; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms Stamp & Framelit set; Redesign Contours of Grace Mould and Casting Mix.

Start by casting the Contours of Grace mould using Redesign with Prima's Casting Mix. This non-toxic mix sets up like porcelain and all you need is the mix powder and some water. Mix it up according to the directions (2:1 ratio) and then pour it into the Contours of Grace mould from Redesign. Let this set up before de-moulding. I like to pour my moulds at the end of the day and let them set overnight. 

Stamping on the trinket dish.

Once demoulded, place the large butterfly from the Willow Wolfe Sizzix Artful Blooms Stamp & Framelit set onto a stamp block. The raised edges of this trinket dish won't allow for you to use a stamping platform, so make sure you get your stamp inked up really well with a black archival ink. 

Watercoloring the trinket dish.

Center the stamp over the trinket dish and press it on and lift. Let the ink dry for a minute. While you wait, add some water to a watercolor of your choice and let it soften a bit. I used a blue in the Art Philosophy Decadent Pies Watercolor Confections set. 

Sealing the trinket dish.

Paint your stamped image--don't be afraid to color a bit outside of the lines, this is just about adding a little color to the butterfly. Then splatter a bit of the watercolor over the trinket dish. Let this dry for about a minute or two and then hit the trinket dish with two coats of Aleene's Matte Spray Sealant. 

Adding gold to the trinket dish.

Then, use the Uchida DecoColor Gold chisel tipped marker to add a metallic touch to the edge of the trinket dish. 

Round trinket dish with blue watercolor butterfly and gold edges; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms Stamp & Framelit set; Redesign Contours of Grace Mould and Casting Mix.

And now you have a sweet little dish for jewelry that you can use or gift to a friend or family member. Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Scrapbook.com, A Cherry On Top, Sizzix, Prima Marketing, Spellbinders, Scrap Diva Designs, Etsy & Amazon

I am an affiliate/associate with multiple companies. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate on qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used for this project.












You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!