Adventure is Calling: A Vintage Styled Travel Scrapbook Layout

by - 8:30:00 AM

I just love a beautiful sunset.  Here in Bronco Country, we cherish them.  It's why the Denver Bronco's colors are orange and blue.  But I will take a gorgeous sunset anywhere and as a traveler, I've seen sunsets all over the world, including Washington D.C.; Vienna, Austria; Prague, Czech Republic; Aukland, New Zealand and Sydney, Australia!

Adventure is Calling:  A Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland | A gorgeous northern California coastline sunset gets the vintage treatment in this scrapbook layout.  Pretty Prima flowers, a Basic Grey garland and BoBunny layered chipboard stickers add dimension and texture.


My sister and brother-in-law captured some pretty amazing northern California coastline sunsets while on a trip a few years back.  I've really enjoyed scrapping these photos and finding papers and embellishments to match.

scrapbook, travel, sunset, vintage, California, handmade, adventure, beach, coastline, brads, banner, pennant, flowers, chipboard, stickers, sequins


First I started with a piece of patterned paper and using a stencil, I applied modeling paste to the center of the page.  I then misted and dripped on Prima Color Bloom mists in golden hues and also a little bit of Marion Smith Designs Color Lab in corvette.

scrapbook, travel, sunset, vintage, California, handmade, adventure, beach, coastline, brads, banner, pennant, flowers, chipboard, stickers, sequins

Next I added a Prima journaling card, K&Co Smash card and paper strip then cut the photo to a 4x4" square.  I added a Tim Holtz hinge clip to the top of the photo then adhered the photo to the journaling card with tape glue then began layering on the embellishments.  I clustered Prima flowers, My Mind's Eye buttons and a Simple Stories brad in one corner and added a few Marion Smith Designs floral stamens in yellow glitter.

scrapbook, travel, sunset, vintage, California, handmade, adventure, beach, coastline, brads, banner, pennant, flowers, chipboard, stickers, sequins


Along the bottom of the journaling card and photo, I placed a Basic Grey banner.  I used a brad to tack it down on one side and BoBunny layered chipboard stickers on the other.  Then I added the metal Tim Holtz tag with jute twine and hand wrote "Adventure is Calling You!" underneath.  Finally, I added sequins, enamel dots and Prima jewels.

scrapbook, travel, sunset, vintage, California, handmade, adventure, beach, coastline, brads, banner, pennant, flowers, chipboard, stickers, sequins

Products Used


  • Basic Grey:  Clippings - typewriter; Carte Postale - garland
  • The Crafter's Workshop:  12x12 Stencil - tiny circles
  • Prima:  Color Bloom - gold foil, gilded; Art Basics - modeling paste opaque; Isabella - pia; Say It in Crystals - timeless memories
  • K&Co:  Smash - journaling card - travel
  • Marion Smith Designs:  Flower Stames - yellow; Color Lab - corvette
  • American Crafts:  Baker's Twine - yellow
  • Hazel & Ruby:  Sequins - gold mix
  • Simple Stories:  I {❤} Summer - deco brads
  • BoBunny:  Detour - layered chipboard stickers
  • Tim Holtz:  Idea-ology - hinge clips
  • My Mind's Eye:  Kraft Funday - everyday fun - buttons
  • Recollections:  Mulberry Flowers - white, vintage; Enamel Dots - light blue


Happy Scrapping!
Adrienne




You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!