9.08.2026

How to Create Scrapbook Layouts with Texture and a Recipe Card

Adding texture to scrapbook layouts is easy with these 2 types of supplies.

Textured and layered scrapbook layout in pink, cream and brown; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms stamp and framelits, Birds & Biscuits stencil and stamp set, Nouveau Butterfly embossing folder, and Vintage Label embossing folder; Tim Holtz Distress Inks; and Prima Marketing Homegrown and Among the Wildflowers collections.

Hi, crafty friend! I've got a textural, layered scrapbook layout tutorial for you using some new stencils, stamps and dies from Sizzix and Willow Wolfe.

Textured and layered scrapbook layout in pink, cream and brown; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms stamp and framelits, Birds & Biscuits stencil and stamp set, Nouveau Butterfly embossing folder, and Vintage Label embossing folder; Tim Holtz Distress Inks; and Prima Marketing Homegrown and Among the Wildflowers collections.

There's a few different parts to this layout, so let's jump right into the tutorial. And if you are here for a product list, you can find the full supply list at the bottom of this post

The two ways we are adding texture is through stenciling a paste and by embossing. First up I the stenciling. Start by using one of the stencils in the Willow Wolfe Birds & Biscuits stencil and stamp set to add texture to your background paper. I used a 12x12 piece of patterned paper from Prima's Among the Wildflowers and Finnabair's Paper Texture Paste for this. Use the long palette knife in the Sizzix Effectz Making Tool set to apply the paste through the stencil. 

Textured and layered scrapbook layout in pink, cream and brown; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms stamp and framelits, Birds & Biscuits stencil and stamp set, Nouveau Butterfly embossing folder, and Vintage Label embossing folder; Tim Holtz Distress Inks; and Prima Marketing Homegrown and Among the Wildflowers collections.

Set this aside to dry while we work on the embossing. I used both the Willow Wolfe Nouveau Butterfly and Vintage label multi level embossing folders. I used two different ways to add color to these embossed cardstocks, so choose your favorite method. 


For the Vintage Label embossing folder, I embossed cream colored cardstock then used my paintbrushes to add a wash of Tea Dye Distress Ink to the background. Don't worry about losing any texture from getting your cardstock wet again--these emboss so nicely you don't really lose any depth by rewetting your cardstock. Now of course, you shouldn't just absolutely soak it--you just want enough water to the get the ink to move. I used a Round 6 and a large mop brush for this. After this dried, I applied Ground Espresso Distress Ink to the highlights of the texture using the brayer in the Effectz Making Tool set. 

Textured and layered scrapbook layout in pink, cream and brown; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms stamp and framelits, Birds & Biscuits stencil and stamp set, Nouveau Butterfly embossing folder, and Vintage Label embossing folder; Tim Holtz Distress Inks; and Prima Marketing Homegrown and Among the Wildflowers collections.

For the Nouveau Butterfly embossing folder, I applied ink to one side of the embossing folder (the side that will print the ink as the background) and spritzed it with a bit of water. I spritzed the cardstock with water, added it to the folder and ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot. Once this dries a little, you can use the same technique with the brayer to add Ground Espresso Ink to the highlights. 

Textured and layered scrapbook layout in pink, cream and brown; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms stamp and framelits, Birds & Biscuits stencil and stamp set, Nouveau Butterfly embossing folder, and Vintage Label embossing folder; Tim Holtz Distress Inks; and Prima Marketing Homegrown and Among the Wildflowers collections.

Splatter both of your embossed cardstocks with Ground Espresso Ink and after they are dry, trim any excess cardstock off the Vintage Label and trim the Nouveau Butterfly into a tag shape using your Sizzix Scoring Board and Trimmer Tool. Don't forget to punch a hole in the top of your tag using the circle punch on your board. Set both of these aside.

Textured and layered scrapbook layout in pink, cream and brown; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms stamp and framelits, Birds & Biscuits stencil and stamp set, Nouveau Butterfly embossing folder, and Vintage Label embossing folder; Tim Holtz Distress Inks; and Prima Marketing Homegrown and Among the Wildflowers collections.

I had some canvas cloth that I also added to this layout and painted some Tea Dy Ink onto it in blotches. Then I dabbed the cloth into the ink for darker spots. Finally, I splattered it with Ground Espresso Ink. 

Textured and layered scrapbook layout in pink, cream and brown; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms stamp and framelits, Birds & Biscuits stencil and stamp set, Nouveau Butterfly embossing folder, and Vintage Label embossing folder; Tim Holtz Distress Inks; and Prima Marketing Homegrown and Among the Wildflowers collections.

Using your Sizzix Stencil and Stamp tool, stamp out the embellishments for your layout. I used both the Artful Blooms and Birds & Biscuits stamps, stamping them onto a heavy white cardstock with a black archival ink. I also wanted to add some additional leaves into the mix, so I stamped the leaf sprig from the Sizzix 49 & Market Sweet Sprigs stamp set. Add some distressed stamping to these leaves using the Wings & Things stamp set. 


Then watercolor your stamped images using Distress Inks. My color palette included Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Ground Espresso, and a mix of Rustic Wildness and Hickory Smoke to create a dark sage green hue. I added my watercolors in layers, moving from light to dark.

Textured and layered scrapbook layout in pink, cream and brown; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms stamp and framelits, Birds & Biscuits stencil and stamp set, Nouveau Butterfly embossing folder, and Vintage Label embossing folder; Tim Holtz Distress Inks; and Prima Marketing Homegrown and Among the Wildflowers collections.

Once the stamped images are dry, apply Smart Glue or another glue that dries tacky to some of the areas of your stamped images, like the edges and handle of the teacup and along the center of the frames. I added my smart glue to a bottle with a needle tip for better application lines. Once this glue is dry, press some champagne colored foil into the tacky glue and pull the foil sheet off--this will leave foil on the sticky areas only. 

Textured and layered scrapbook layout in pink, cream and brown; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms stamp and framelits, Birds & Biscuits stencil and stamp set, Nouveau Butterfly embossing folder, and Vintage Label embossing folder; Tim Holtz Distress Inks; and Prima Marketing Homegrown and Among the Wildflowers collections.

Then die cut or fussy cut your embellishments out. The Artful Blooms stamps have coordinating dies. You'll have to fussy cut the Birds & Biscuits out using a craft knife and self healing craft mat, or some small scissors. 

Textured and layered scrapbook layout in pink, cream and brown; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms stamp and framelits, Birds & Biscuits stencil and stamp set, Nouveau Butterfly embossing folder, and Vintage Label embossing folder; Tim Holtz Distress Inks; and Prima Marketing Homegrown and Among the Wildflowers collections.

I used Canva to create my recipe booklet that I attached to the back of the tag. I simply printed it on computer paper, trimmed out the pieces, glued them back-to-back, scored them and glued them together at the binding, then glued it to the back of the tag. 

Textured and layered scrapbook layout in pink, cream and brown; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms stamp and framelits, Birds & Biscuits stencil and stamp set, Nouveau Butterfly embossing folder, and Vintage Label embossing folder; Tim Holtz Distress Inks; and Prima Marketing Homegrown and Among the Wildflowers collections.

All that is left is to add some twine to your tag and to layer your photo and elements onto your page. Use some foam adhesive to turn the Vintage Label into a pocket that holds the tag. Add this and some lace and the canvas cloth to your layout.


Add your photo then layer on your stamped and watercolored embellishments. If you have some chipboard pieces, you can layer those in too. Then finish off your layout by adding some pearls. 

Textured and layered scrapbook layout in pink, cream and brown; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms stamp and framelits, Birds & Biscuits stencil and stamp set, Nouveau Butterfly embossing folder, and Vintage Label embossing folder; Tim Holtz Distress Inks; and Prima Marketing Homegrown and Among the Wildflowers collections.

If you want the recipe for the Peach Rhubarb Muffins, I got it from Curly Girl Kitchens. She is based out of Colorado, so if you live in high altitude, you won't have to worry about adjusting this recipe! And these muffins are super delicious, I might add. 

Textured and layered scrapbook layout in pink, cream and brown; created using Sizzix Willow Wolfe Artful Blooms stamp and framelits, Birds & Biscuits stencil and stamp set, Nouveau Butterfly embossing folder, and Vintage Label embossing folder; Tim Holtz Distress Inks; and Prima Marketing Homegrown and Among the Wildflowers collections.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that it inspires you to find fun ways to add texture and your recipes to scrapbook layouts. Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Scrapbook.com, A Cherry On Top, Sizzix, Prima Marketing, Spellbinders, Scrap Diva Designs, Etsy & Amazon

I am an affiliate/associate with multiple companies. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate on qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used for this project.















No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!